Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA82 Weber No power top end

So i finally took my subie for a drive after getting everything back to gether and the weber on it :banana: :banana: It runs great, idles and rev's up really good. Everything sounds super smooth. Although, when i get it on the road and start laying into it i hit like 4000 on the tact and 35 mph's and it starts bogging out. Like its still running ok but it chokes out. If you let off it it doesn't die or anything. Anyone got any ideas? I've already replaced cap, rotor, spark plugs & wires. The Weber sat for awhile; I haven't cleaned it yet but it runs really good. It seems fine low rpm's like around my drive way.. i was thinking maybe coil? Anyone got any ideas? Thanks in advance!

So i finally took my subie for a drive after getting everything back to gether and the weber on it :banana: :banana: It runs great, idles and rev's up really good. Everything sounds super smooth. Although, when i get it on the road and start laying into it i hit like 4000 on the tact and 35 mph's and it starts bogging out. Like its still running ok but it chokes out. If you let off it it doesn't die or anything. Anyone got any ideas? I've already replaced cap, rotor, spark plugs & wires. The Weber sat for awhile; I haven't cleaned it yet but it runs really good. It seems fine low rpm's like around my drive way.. i was thinking maybe coil? Anyone got any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Coil wont be the issue. It either works or doesnt for the most part. If its running good without laying into it its something carb related/tuning. What is your timing set at. With a weber you can run a bit more aggressive timing than stock. If i remember right an EA82 runs 20degrees stock? You can bump that up a few degrees. But before you do that go out and figure out where it bogs. You should be able to feel in the pedal when the secondary kicks open. Is that where its bogging down? If so you may have a clogged secondary jet from the carb sitting so long. Those are few things to get you started. There are other options but those are the most likely in my mind.

• 1 month later...

So i finally got this all figured out :banana: I cleaned the carb and the secondary's were definetly clogged. After putting everything back together it still seemed though it didn't have the power it should. Driving it i noticed that there was a whole lot of noise coming from the front.. but not the back.. felt the exhaust and it was super hot when it was reved up. So pulled off the muffler and found that someone tried to remove the cat at one point and crammed all that junk down the pipe and clogged it up. Pulled all the crap out of there and runs like a charm :)