Ultimate Subaru Message Board

back from a long past

Hey guys I'm a fellow subie nut and general engine fanatic work as a wrench in maine Noah introduced me to subaru's through a mutual frend Creig Rogey took me offroad for the first time in my life back in 2002ish.... I've been hooked ever since, built a couple jeeps, build motorcycles, Ducati tech, and proud owner of a 99 forester heap with some big dreams on the key ring... Anyway used to be on the forum alot just thought I would reapear see whats going on.... :banana:

Budd

Hey Budd , Ducati tech ,eh ? WELCOME !!!!! :banana:

I speak desmo.

You familiar with the old stuff? I've got a couple of singles from '66 , low end models Monza and Sebring. Had a new blue Paso 750 and hope to have another "new" Duc within the next couple of years after I get a garage.

Next year ..Rossi on the Duke!!!!!!! Nicky finally getting some better results but ...:confused: He qualifies 2nd for this weeks race. Hope he can keep it up front.

Hope we get to meet sometime. Cheers!

Paul

I haven't got to work on bevels yet, but my job at the dealer went down the tube. It's kind of sweet and sour... I love working on the new bikes but now I can do anything I want.... So my boss now is paying me to build an all custom bike with a 900 carbie. I'm shooting for 100 ponies with some head and cam work. The rest of the bike is going to try and marry drag bikes and cafe!!!! I really would love to find a 907 love that old stuff.... Have you ever worked on a superlight? Those are rocking!!! Man there are all kinds of things you can do with that Paso....My other bike project is a landspeed gl1100...It's amazing how much like a subie that motor is lol.... Rossi should do great things, I wonder if they are going to stay with the big bang motor or if they are going to go to a sequential timing order...

Gotta post some pics of your builds!

Never worked on any but my own. When that Superlight came out :banana: that YELLOW oh so sweet. Wanted one bad back then.

Yeah, I thought by now I'd have seen a Subaru powered GL or build bike. I guess there's probably one or two out there but I have yet to see one. Just talked to a 'Wing guy tonight at my storage unit. His is an '06 which I guess is an 1800. Now they look like scooters on steroids.

Good luck with the 1100.

ya pulled the heads tonight so I can start porting and maybe get them cut... looks like I might be looking for a set of cases though. we'll see when I get the engine out and start going through the bottom end.

I know a guy with a two stroke duc... I think early sixties, he races it in some little enduro event up here. I would love to see your little bevels somtime. One of my prof's at school raced those for years.

not a problem, it was my first off road experience so I rember it well. it was probably your 2nd to last year at ferris. I was freinds of Creig and Seth and the his house crew. we went weelie and talked about Creigs bachelor party lol. Do you still run the dl? seems like Creig told me you swap out the motor for a 2.2

Yeah, I swapped in a 2.2, it ran great, but the car had so many other issues, so now the car has become a donor of sorts to other projects, the bumpers and transmission are going into my new project hatch, and the engine is in a friend's coupe project.

The hatch will probably be getting a very similar treatment, but the added wisdom of 10 years will make it a much better car. if everything is about 75% its about 100% no fun to drive.