Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

*Request* OBD1 plugs pic

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 stant093

stant093

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • vermont

Posted 25 February 2004 - 07:10 PM

im having a hard time finding the dang wires in my legacy...beginning to wonder if im looking for the right wires....anyway, i need a pic if someone is kind enough ;) of their under side of the dash, removing the kick plate that is under the steering wheel...i need to find out what is wrong
with my legacy.....

thanks i definatly appreciate it!!!!

#2 kevinsUBARU

kevinsUBARU

hi

• Members
  • 2,964 posts
  • Ulster County

Posted 25 February 2004 - 08:56 PM

Its really hidden good. When you are on your back looking up, it will be on the radio side of the steering column. Its usually taped to another bundle of wires with black tape of some sort. Just run your fingers along every bundle until you find it. Ignore the green T connectors, you're looking for the black ones. There will be two that snap in to eachother. Do that, then follow these instructions written by Legacy777.

Kevin

#3 kevinsUBARU

kevinsUBARU

hi

• Members
  • 2,964 posts
  • Ulster County

Posted 25 February 2004 - 08:58 PM

And removing the plastic thing under the steering column isn't necessary, but it may make things easier. I haven't ever had any problems getting to the connectors.

#4 Legacy777

Legacy777

• 12,639 posts
  • Houston, Tx

Posted 26 February 2004 - 09:28 AM

pics of mine

http://www.main.expe...ges/ecuhide.jpg

they may be on the other side of the steering column for some of the models

#5 stant093

stant093

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • vermont

Posted 26 February 2004 - 06:40 PM

well i found the green connectors, now to find the black ones....

if the car is running roughly and i unplug the IAC valve, and it runs alittle better, thats a bad IAC valve right??

#6 Legacy777

Legacy777

• 12,639 posts
  • Houston, Tx

Posted 27 February 2004 - 09:18 AM

not necessarily. If the ECU is getting a signal from another bad sensor which is causing the ECU to poorly adjust the IAC valve.....that would exhibit the same results when unplugging the IAC valve...but the valve isn't the problem.

Try to find the connectors and go from there. I had a weird hi idle issue and of course dealer was of no help....traced it down to a little screw on the top of the throttle body which was letting too much air past the TB and was making the IAC useless since it was outside of its operating range to pull the idle back down.

#7 stant093

stant093

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • vermont

Posted 27 February 2004 - 03:27 PM

well after doing a scan over of the engine, i basically crawled in the engine compartment, i noticed a bit of gasket sticking outof the intake manifold no 4 cylinder, closer inspection reveals a cracked intake...one of the ears broke off from what it looks like....:(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users