Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

SMJ connector

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Txakura

Txakura

Not the Stig

• Gold Subscribers
  • 981 posts
  • Albion, WA

Posted 20 October 2010 - 12:00 AM

Pulled wiring for a swap harness, any reason I need to keep the SMJ connector and follow it aft?

Attached Files

#2 NoahDL88

NoahDL88

Elite Master of Cookies

• Members
  • 4,264 posts
  • Bremerton, WA, USA

Posted 20 October 2010 - 12:21 AM

Guessing its a 90-94 leggo? the SMJ has wires that are important for proper engine function on both sides of the connector. so yes, keep both sides.

#3 Txakura

Txakura

Not the Stig

• Gold Subscribers
  • 981 posts
  • Albion, WA

Posted 20 October 2010 - 01:33 AM

ok. last thing to do then, all the other fun has been had

guess I could have mentioned '93 Legacy, ej22E, 4eat to be more helpful :lol:

ty for the quick response, I'll be back on it tomorrow

#4 mountain brat

mountain brat

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • tieton,wa

Posted 20 October 2010 - 09:06 AM

i take the smj connector out and just solder the wires im using much cleaner and easier to install.also not that many to solder

#5 Gloyale

Gloyale

It's a sickness

• Members
  • 8,810 posts
  • Corvallis, OR PNW

Posted 20 October 2010 - 09:32 AM

i take the smj connector out and just solder the wires im using much cleaner and easier to install.also not that many to solder

Yeah, but he should still pull it and the rest of the harness that is attached to the Grey one. The White one is not needed, Looks like the white one in the picture is waht he was asking about.

In case you haven't gotten it yet, Don't forget the wiring that runs though the firewall to the ignitor and the Crank/Cam/Knock sensors.

#6 Txakura

Txakura

Not the Stig

• Gold Subscribers
  • 981 posts
  • Albion, WA

Posted 20 October 2010 - 09:40 AM

I had thought they would be spliced into the EA, tempted to dike them off at floor level - but I'll follow it to the end... can't be any worse than pulling that dash and heater core out of the way to chase everything else.

I'm overdoing the pull, to have everything I could possibly need, even though I know most of it will be scrapped. A lot easier to sort on the bench after the fact...

#7 mountain brat

mountain brat

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • tieton,wa

Posted 21 October 2010 - 12:11 AM

sorry i wasnt paying attention thought you were on the install .

#8 Txakura

Txakura

Not the Stig

• Gold Subscribers
  • 981 posts
  • Albion, WA

Posted 21 October 2010 - 10:50 PM

Yeah, but he should still pull it and the rest of the harness that is attached to the Grey one. The White one is not needed, Looks like the white one in the picture is waht he was asking about.

In case you haven't gotten it yet, Don't forget the wiring that runs though the firewall to the ignitor and the Crank/Cam/Knock sensors.

Think I'm good on the latter, left zero wiring forward or through the fire wall, or inside the dash for that matter... only thing left was the gaggle at the driver kick panel.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users