Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Plea to Sube owners in the Portland OR area!!

Greetings all. I have a request! A good friend of mine just bought her mom an 89 GL Sedan. Auto with 4wd. I believe it is MPFI engine. 145K on her and she is in pretty good overall condition. Got her for $300. See the girl lost her dad last year and her mom is raising three teenagers by herself. She had to give up there two financed cars when her hubby passed. So my friend bought this car as a suprise for her mom but it needs a couple of things. #1 is a front CV shaft. One of the joints is grinding pretty good on left turns. Does anyone have a good used shaft that they could donate to this vehicle. She needs this car to be safe and reliable as she transports kids up to WA on a regular basis. So if anyone can throw a CV shaft my way to stuff in the front of this sedan it would be greatly appreciated. Also the car has been sitting for a couple years and has a real good valve tick coming from the passenger side. Any suggestions on quiting it down? SeaFoam or MM Oil? Ideas? Oil pressure seems good. Thanks everyone in advance! GoatBoy

Check the past posts on lifter clatter--there's lots of fixes before you consider going into the engine. I'll see if I have an extra axle on my shelf, but don't count on it since I've been reducing inventory because we need to clean out the garage to sell the house. Your local pull a part yards have axles for about $25 each. You could do your friend a great favor to pull one and install it for them. Good luck.

Okay I am at work. Erin, my friend in need won't be here for a couple of hours yet. If there isn't anyone with a CV Shaft to donate then can someone tell me where I might find a good deal on one in the Oregon area or perhaps online?

Thank You

--GoatBoy--