Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Radius arm help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 corvette6698512

corvette6698512

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • Tumwater, Wa

Posted 25 October 2010 - 01:59 PM

I am missing the bushing for the radius arm on my '92 loyale. I am wondering what you guys have done to fix this as I cant find the part anywhere in town. I called 3 parts suppliers and none of them could get the part. Thanks

#2 Gloyale

Gloyale

It's a sickness

• Members
  • 8,533 posts
  • Corvallis, OR PNW

Posted 26 October 2010 - 11:14 AM

Urathane bushings for VW beetle front end are available from EMPI, and their dealers.

I used them on my EJ22'd 89 GL. Only "mod" was 2 Large washers placed "behind" the front bushing, and 2 more before the nut. The VW bushings aren't quite as thick. So you need the washer to compress them tight to the bracket

#3 renob123

renob123

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 719 posts
  • Hillsburrito, OR

Posted 26 October 2010 - 03:43 PM

Urathane bushings for VW beetle front end are available from EMPI, and their dealers.

I used them on my EJ22'd 89 GL. Only "mod" was 2 Large washers placed "behind" the front bushing, and 2 more before the nut. The VW bushings aren't quite as thick. So you need the washer to compress them tight to the bracket

Interesting. Did you notice any difference in handling/feel?

Jacob

#4 NorthWet

NorthWet

Eeyore Incarnate

• Members
  • 5,039 posts
  • Bremerton, WA

Posted 28 October 2010 - 09:01 PM

I am missing the bushing for the radius arm on my '92 loyale. I am wondering what you guys have done to fix this as I cant find the part anywhere in town. I called 3 parts suppliers and none of them could get the part. Thanks

What do you consider the radius arm? Are we talking the lateral link (radially from engine crossmember to balljoint) or the compression/trailing link (from the lateral link to the transmission tunnel)?

AFAIK, the lateral link bushing is part of the lateral link assembly, and can not be purchased separately. The 2 big donuts on the tunnel-end of the compression/trainling link are sold separately and (3 years ago) not that hard to find.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users