Ultimate Subaru Message Board

You know your a Subaru Freak...when

Originally posted by the_bard

When you see a rust free Subie, and are tempted to follow it 'cross town to see how much the driver would take for it...

... and have done exactly that in the past.

You don't live on the West Coast do you? You'd be following every soob you see. About 50 a day. LOL

You know you're a freak when you can trughfully say you've owned 25+ Soobs in the last 5 years. (raises hand)

Originally posted by Zapar

You don't live on the West Coast do you? You'd be following every soob you see. About 50 a day. LOL

Nah... NY. Lemme put it this way... saw a Justy the other day down at the mall, making a turn to head down into Albany Proper. At twenty feet, I couldn't see any rust. Darn near took off after it, just so I could drool a bit. A Justy, keep in mind. *pathetic sigh*

Been seeing a few wagons around, though... mostly Loyale's, though I did see a GL over on Fourth Street a week ago. For every 10 I see, though, 9 are rusted out, just as bad as my Loyale. Darn NY salt. Lots of new Sube's around, though. I've become rather adept at recognizing Foresters from various angles.

(from the original "you know youre obsessed with subarus" thread from the old board

17: you renewed the same plate 2 years in a row, with no insurance, and use the plate on whatever car you are driving

18: you wish the cops would chase you in your favorite off road spot

19: the cops actually chase you in your favorite off road spot, and you WASTED them!

the cops laugh at the car as the tow trauck takes it to impound

you can say your current ride has only been impounded ONCE

manage to keep a turbo wagon driveable with spfi block, floppy carb, broken axle, and rear wheel drive with a bent trailing arm

you have driven 45 miles on a rim

the local used car dealer calls you to work on his customer's subaru

out of 10 subarus you kow of in the area, you end up with 9 of them

you go out of state to whip togethe a soob over the weekend

you take a deadbeat turbo car, tear down the motor, fix all the gaskets, and have it running in the same day

5spd conversion and a motor swap done over the weekend 400 miles away

trashwagons 2, 4, 5, and 6

you measure ohms resistance on every Pnp blower motor resistor, egr solenoid and purge control solenoid you see.

BTW, my wife used to hate it when I would point and say "PARTS", but now I've got her doing it too! :D

Funny story, related to me by a fellow Subathist here at the NAPA store (was it you, Garner?) He went to a local business here called Coyote Steel in his mom's Sube and parks next to a Corvette. Was in at the counter with the counterman when another fellow walks in and says, "Who owns that car out front?" The counterman proudly asks, "The 'Vette?" The guy goes, "No! The Subaru!" :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: .

the napa in butler knows when we walk in, subaru parts are in order. we are the only ones to get soob parts, every one has to be ordered, but we get good local service, and that goes a long way. i always buy my gas and smokes at their local gas station, too

you know you are a soob freak when the local cops dont even bother anymore, "every time i see you youre driving a different subaru" and "i almost called a pursuit, you are supposed to STOP when i pull you over" walked away from that one with a made up bill of sale and no insurance

you go to jail and some kid there you dont know remembers riding in your subaru, just from the mention of trashwagons

you would rather do timing belts on a soob for free rather than be paid to change tranny fluid in some GM. why in the hell do GM not have a DRAIN PLUG on the tranny? oh well, it was a quick 50 bucks(rear shocks too)

Originally posted by BlueSoob

This is a disturbing thread.. I'm guilty of most of these...

I didn't usually follow the driver across town though.. I just waited until I saw it parked and then I would leave a note on it. :)

They're rare around here :D. I haven't seen a Brat in person yet... heck, every time I see an El Camino, I have to look twice, just to make sure. *helpless shrug*. It's like giving an alcoholic a teaspoon of vodka once a week... pure torture.