Ultimate Subaru Message Board

7th Subaru - 05 STi

Durania

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

Had a wing stud that had snapped off from when I had gotten the trunk and finally got around to replacing it.

Pictures from my dirty car, half-assed, nasty day, photoshoot. Pictures taken with my Galaxy Nexus.

v1_galleries_555_8aa721263b9_1212_1024.jpg

v1_galleries_555_8aa721263b9_9460_1024.jpg

http://www.mysubie.com/gallery?id=2653

The problem that I ran into with my stud repair was the STi trunk has two different studs. One is longer than the other. I ordered the wrong one by accident, my fault. Luckily I ordered two of them because they are notorious for snapping off, a second one snapped off in removal. Got the wing off and tried to fit the shorter stud into the grooves on the wing, wasn't happening. So, I sat there for about ten minutes and then I compared the slide bases and found the one was only slightly narrower and thinner than the other. So, off to the shed I went to get my file that I had not used in about 2.5 years from when I installed rear WRX seats in my RS. 2 minutes of filing each and they were both able to slide into place and click.

I went to get back into the trunk with the wing off and forgot about how much tension the STI torsion bars have. That thing flung up and about hit me in the face.

There also has since been a suspension change. I took the Tanabe GF210 springs off last August and put the stock springs back on. The ride improved greatly with the stock springs and a set of Continental ExtremeContact DWS.

Shes a beauty. :D

Where did the STI front lip go? :(

This fellow's car never had it since he owned it, as it appears. Only picture I see of a blue with one of the chins is the guy he bought the trunk lid from....

EDIT: I stand corrected. Went all the way back to the start of the thread and there it is. I dunno either.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Got the axleback painted with VHT flameproof. Did about 3 coats, let's hope they hold up. I got done right with the thunder rolling in the not so distance. Windex on the kartboy hangers made this job so much easier.

Before:

v1_galleries_555_8aa721263b9_9460_1024.jpg

No, I am not wingless. That was just for an hour while I replaced some studs a few months ago on the trunk.

IMG_20120805_131915.jpg

IMG_20120805_141148.jpg

• 2 weeks later...