Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Does anyone know where i can get one of these chips. I was going to get one from PDM turbos out of colorado but there site says they are closed indeffinately. Any suggestions? Anybody have one? do they work? Any suggestions on exhaust size for a 1.8L impreza?

Also my impreza came sans an anti-sway bar in the rear. what all will i need when I in stall one?

Put the rear AGX struts on and turnes them up half way. OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!! they are amazing. now i will get the fronts put on next week. Oh yeah. then a set of falken azenis 205/50-15 tires and I will be set.

Thanx.

Tyler

you can get a chip from Al http://www.torquechip.com he's the one who makes them. or you can get a proecm chip from http://www.subaruplanet.com/

The jcsports chip is/was a torquechip. Al is a good guy, I've dealt and talked with him personally. I used one of the chips in my car for a little while. I think it did help, but I didn't like what it did with the auto tranny. Others have reported better results if you have a Manual tranny.

Thanks Josh. Is he the same guy who does the PDM stuff? And have you heard of anyone that has used the new 2.8v chip?

And what are your suggestions as far as exhaust size, I am think ing 2.25". Any thoughts. I think I would lose too much backpressure with 2.5" but hey you know way more than i

Al used to work with Joel, however he's not affiliated with pdm. Al does his own sales and such. Like I said, Al's a good guy, I stopped and talked with him and bought a chip when I was going through denver. No I have not heard of anyone using the 2.8 chip. His chips have some pretty good features, especially if you do an aftermarket turbo kit....the chip I believe will hold timing in check since n/a cars typically have a lot more timing then turbo cars which can cause your engine to go boom when you slap a turbo on it.

As for exhaust.....2 or 2.25. Being that it'sa 1.8.....I'm not quite sure. May want to ask around on nabisco to see what some of the other 1.8 people have done.