Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

ej22 - ej22t wiring harness?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 wagaru

wagaru

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • deep in the heart of...

Posted 10 November 2010 - 01:10 PM

i need a harness to go from ej22 to ej22t, and i cant remember who makes those, but i know someone builds swap harnesses. i did a search, but i ddnt find what i needed and im on kind of a time crunch, does anyone remember who builds those? :confused:

sorry for the rush

#2 Numbchux

Numbchux

EJ conversion addict

• Members
  • 5,998 posts
  • Duluth, MN

Posted 10 November 2010 - 01:16 PM

OBD I EJ22? just switch the cam and crank angle wires, add the wires for wastegate control and pressure sensor, reroute the temp sensor wiring (it's on the other side of the coolant bridge), and you're done. don't need a whole merge.

#3 GeneralDisorder

GeneralDisorder

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 20,281 posts
  • Portland

Posted 10 November 2010 - 01:20 PM

Yes - as Numchux says they are very simple. Obviously you will also need the EJ22T ECU as well as the changes he outlined. The turbo only added the boost control stuff and changed a few wireing pins.

Also I will mention that the few wires which need to be swapped can be done at the ECU pins with much less drama than out at the actual sensors since many of those wires are sheilded, etc.

GD

#4 wagaru

wagaru

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 03:44 PM

ahh ok that makes life much simpler ty for the heads up is there a source for the diagrams other than the fsm?

#5 Numbchux

Numbchux

EJ conversion addict

• Members
  • 5,998 posts
  • Duluth, MN

Posted 11 November 2010 - 04:47 PM

fsm are by far the best diagrams you'll find

#6 wagaru

wagaru

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 11:58 AM

aye, now i gotta go buy one, lol. sadly the gentleman im doing the swap for has decided to use an outback 2.5l, so given that im going to 2.5 obd2 to 2.2l non obd, i may still need that harness

correct me if im wrong but thats a whole different animal, yes?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users