Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Grille for 2k Legacy Outback

What model year grills are a direct replacement for a 2000 Legacy Outback wagon?

I hit a dear at a moderate speed - 30 to 35 MPH. It hit flush across the full face of the car and there was very little damage (to the car). The dear didn't fair so well. The grill has four cracks and if I come across one in a yard I would buy it. So the question once more ... what years are the same?

Steve

Been there, sorry to hear.

+1. 00-04 Outback grilles are a identical replacement. You can also use 00-04 "L" and "GT" grilles (they bolt up fine), BUT they look slightly different, and they are a bit shorter on the bottom (bigger gap between bottom of grille and bumper).

Careful unbolting them, the plastic gets pretty brittle.

http://www.discountbodyparts.com/catalog/?N=4294963365+1719+11745+5936&Nr=OR(brand:Replacement,brand:Kool%20Vue,brand:Perfect%20Fit,brand:US%20Auto%20Parts)&omPage=Part%20Name-Grille%20Assembly

This grill maybe a little expensive but I have noticed that other parts from here seem to be fairly priced such as headlights, and foglight replacements.

Edited by cygnus

Thanks for the info As I stated previously, the damage was limited to the grille. http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu2/steves72camaro/IMG_0370.jpg As slight as the damage is I will only bother to replace it if I find one really cheap. The grille has 4 cracks in it. Steve

www.car-part.com

sort your search by distance to save on shipping and then by price to see how cheap you can find it. i found one this week for a 96 lego for 35$.