Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Wisconsin for the day

Will be in wisconsin Friday and likely staying in a motel Fri night somewhere around Oshkosh/Appleton. If i have any troubles I will try to post on this boards and hope someone is around to give a hand, and meet up or what not. Anybody around those areas......? Are the roads as terrible as i am told?

cheers.

brent

Possibly in northern wisconsin I know we here where I am are expecting snow saturday night into sunday otherwise I wouldnt be hesitent to drive into northern state minnesota or wisconsin right now then again I have lived here my whole life and driven through some pretty nasty blizzard stuff where the snow is so deep your pushing it with your front bumper

yeah, nice but never saw the sun today. overcast all day it was looking dark about 2pm. dont you get sun up here?

headed home in the AM, going to stop at Subaru Heaven as well to see wth that is about/

Lol, we do, but today is one of the off days :lol: We had sun yesterday.

As for Subaru Heaven, its right off HY12 in Cambridge. I think he closes at 12 noon. Don't let him wongleflute you around if you buy anything.

I'm only 20miles west of Milwaukee, I have only been as far north as Port Washinton (Between Milwaukee and Appleton)

Eh, the guy who runs the place (Mike) always calls the EAs "Dinosaurs" and does ever do anything with them, thye mostly sit there wainting to be parted out. The under-sides of any of the cars are no good, so pulling anything off them thats under the car is pointless. I wouldn't bother trying to pull an Engine or trans from there, theres a few EA81s there with D/R trans. I think there are a few EA71s as well.

As for EJs, he has a few EJs laying around and loads of parts for any engine. Your better off finding a donor car or someone selling an engine for your project.

Cheers,

-Tom

PS: I have been out to Subaru Heaven about 4 times.

• 1 month later...

I am going back in Spring to get my roll bar.

nice bump.

this guy has EVERYTHING you ever wanted, a 1932 ford with subaru 4wd drivtrain/engine. many many many brats, etc etc etc. This it Subaru heaven at this place. NO JOKE and i put caps on that for a reasonm IT IS A MUSEUM full of Subaru parts. The guy that runs it is a genious.

Mike doesn't generally let you browse the yard, let alone pull your own part. Most if not all the cars in the yard are complete, aor as they were when they came in.

But, he may have the parts you need on a shelf in a warehouse, since he processes one car at a time.

He is a little difficult with the ea stuff, mainly that he feels like they are not worht his time(dinosaurs) since he can make several thousand dollars off one single outback wagon selling parts through a dealer and bodyshop network. He does not deal with ebay/internet/forums.

If one could have access to his ea inventory, they would OWN the online ea81/82 parts market on the internet!

It never hurts to check him out. Whether or not you get a deal is dependent on dude's mood, whether or not he is sitting in his underwear, or has a burr up his A.

The first time i went there, he entertained me for a good hour showing me around the building. The next time i went there, he wouldn't give me the time of day.

Be sure to drive a hard bargain ans show the money, and he will entertain you.

Mike doesn't generally let you browse the yard, let alone pull your own part. Most if not all the cars in the yard are complete, aor as they were when they came in.

But, he may have the parts you need on a shelf in a warehouse, since he processes one car at a time.

He is a little difficult with the ea stuff, mainly that he feels like they are not worht his time(dinosaurs) since he can make several thousand dollars off one single outback wagon selling parts through a dealer and bodyshop network. He does not deal with ebay/internet/forums.

If one could have access to his ea inventory, they would OWN the online ea81/82 parts market on the internet!

It never hurts to check him out. Whether or not you get a deal is dependent on dude's mood, whether or not he is sitting in his underwear, or has a burr up his A.

The first time i went there, he entertained me for a good hour showing me around the building. The next time i went there, he wouldn't give me the time of day.

Be sure to drive a hard bargain ans show the money, and he will entertain you.

Ahh.... well i have a friend in wisconsin who runs another place like that (not a heaven to speak, just a body yard specializing in auto parts) guess i'll stick with him. My car, however, is an EZ

Ahh.... well i have a friend in wisconsin who runs another place like that (not a heaven to speak, just a body yard specializing in auto parts) guess i'll stick with him. My car, however, is an EZ

This friend of yours wouldn't be Mike with a tow truck, would he?