Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Wisconsin for the day

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 bheinen74

bheinen74

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • central Iowa

Posted 18 November 2010 - 07:37 PM

Will be in wisconsin Friday and likely staying in a motel Fri night somewhere around Oshkosh/Appleton. If i have any troubles I will try to post on this boards and hope someone is around to give a hand, and meet up or what not. Anybody around those areas......? Are the roads as terrible as i am told?
cheers.
brent

#2 VaporTrail

VaporTrail

Brattitude Adjustment

• Administrator
  • 11,157 posts
  • Central Iowa

Posted 18 November 2010 - 09:42 PM

getting that roll bar?

#3 bheinen74

bheinen74

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • central Iowa

Posted 18 November 2010 - 10:06 PM

getting that roll bar?

where was that again, it might be on the way to where i am going?

#4 Darkwing_Duck

Darkwing_Duck

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Pine City

Posted 18 November 2010 - 11:22 PM

I'm just over the boarder in minnesota and the roads arent that bad over here so I guess it would depend on where your going in wisconsin

#5 bheinen74

bheinen74

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • central Iowa

Posted 19 November 2010 - 07:47 AM

I'm just over the boarder in minnesota and the roads arent that bad over here so I guess it would depend on where your going in wisconsin

way up there and back, and i mean WAY.

#6 Darkwing_Duck

Darkwing_Duck

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Pine City

Posted 19 November 2010 - 08:28 AM

Possibly in northern wisconsin I know we here where I am are expecting snow saturday night into sunday otherwise I wouldnt be hesitent to drive into northern state minnesota or wisconsin right now then again I have lived here my whole life and driven through some pretty nasty blizzard stuff where the snow is so deep your pushing it with your front bumper

#7 bheinen74

bheinen74

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • central Iowa

Posted 19 November 2010 - 09:42 PM

back south to green bay now.

#8 TheLoyale

TheLoyale

Safariwagon: The Legend

• Members
  • 6,726 posts
  • Waukesha, WI

Posted 19 November 2010 - 09:46 PM

Enjoying your stay in WI?

Anyone interested in an '83 DL wagon (Old Ski Team car) $800 in East Troy, WI.
http://www.dirtyimpr...&postcount=3034

Edited by TheLoyale, 19 November 2010 - 09:49 PM.

#9 bheinen74

bheinen74

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • central Iowa

Posted 19 November 2010 - 09:50 PM

yeah, nice but never saw the sun today. overcast all day it was looking dark about 2pm. dont you get sun up here?
headed home in the AM, going to stop at Subaru Heaven as well to see wth that is about/

#10 TheLoyale

TheLoyale

• Members
  • 6,726 posts
  • Waukesha, WI

Posted 19 November 2010 - 09:53 PM

yeah, nice but never saw the sun today. overcast all day it was looking dark about 2pm. dont you get sun up here?
headed home in the AM, going to stop at Subaru Heaven as well to see wth that is about/

Lol, we do, but today is one of the off days :lol: We had sun yesterday.

As for Subaru Heaven, its right off HY12 in Cambridge. I think he closes at 12 noon. Don't let him wongleflute you around if you buy anything.

I'm only 20miles west of Milwaukee, I have only been as far north as Port Washinton (Between Milwaukee and Appleton)

#11 Darkwing_Duck

Darkwing_Duck

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Pine City

Posted 19 November 2010 - 10:58 PM

Okay im sorta new to subaru's but what exactly is subaru heaven?

#12 TheLoyale

TheLoyale

• Members
  • 6,726 posts
  • Waukesha, WI

Posted 19 November 2010 - 11:02 PM

"Subaru Heaven" is Cindys Classic Autos. Its a junkyard, but is mostyl Subarus. He has like 700+ Subarus in his yard.

It is located on hy12 and hy18 out in Cambridge, WI (20miles east from Madison)

#13 Darkwing_Duck

Darkwing_Duck

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Pine City

Posted 19 November 2010 - 11:11 PM

thats not that bad only about a 6hr drive so would that be a good place for me to find either a 1.8L ea81 with a hi low tranny for my brat project or possibly a 2.2 with a 5spd hi low if I chose to go that route?

#14 TheLoyale

TheLoyale

• Members
  • 6,726 posts
  • Waukesha, WI

Posted 20 November 2010 - 12:05 AM

Eh, the guy who runs the place (Mike) always calls the EAs "Dinosaurs" and does ever do anything with them, thye mostly sit there wainting to be parted out. The under-sides of any of the cars are no good, so pulling anything off them thats under the car is pointless. I wouldn't bother trying to pull an Engine or trans from there, theres a few EA81s there with D/R trans. I think there are a few EA71s as well.

As for EJs, he has a few EJs laying around and loads of parts for any engine. Your better off finding a donor car or someone selling an engine for your project.

Cheers,
-Tom

PS: I have been out to Subaru Heaven about 4 times.

#15 Darkwing_Duck

Darkwing_Duck

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Pine City

Posted 20 November 2010 - 12:23 AM

Thanks for the info I think I will just avoid the place after reading your initial post I googled it and I found alot of bad reviews for the place so I think I will just stay away from it and get my parts from other sources

#16 bheinen74

bheinen74

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • central Iowa

Posted 20 November 2010 - 11:53 PM

got back to iowa. with one more subaru to habe to find a place for

#17 aaronxs400

aaronxs400

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 12:41 AM

i know this is an old post...but are the older cars (ea81s) in that bad of shape? i would like to pull the entire drive train out of a 4wd car. but if the stuff is shot then no sense in me driving 8 hours.

#18 bheinen74

bheinen74

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • central Iowa

Posted 06 January 2011 - 03:30 AM

I am going back in Spring to get my roll bar.

nice bump.
this guy has EVERYTHING you ever wanted, a 1932 ford with subaru 4wd drivtrain/engine. many many many brats, etc etc etc. This it Subaru heaven at this place. NO JOKE and i put caps on that for a reasonm IT IS A MUSEUM full of Subaru parts. The guy that runs it is a genious.

#19 lesstutrey

lesstutrey

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 185 posts
  • Chicagoland

Posted 12 January 2011 - 01:11 AM

I'm only a couple hours south of there, wonder if i could pick up some axles, wheels or something for a car my age.. though i think it's a bit young... need a deal on some steel wheels.

Edited by lesstutrey, 12 January 2011 - 01:16 AM.

#20 MilesFox

MilesFox

Catch this Fox!

• Members
  • 10,534 posts
  • Madison/Milwaukee, WI

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:04 AM

Mike doesn't generally let you browse the yard, let alone pull your own part. Most if not all the cars in the yard are complete, aor as they were when they came in.

But, he may have the parts you need on a shelf in a warehouse, since he processes one car at a time.

He is a little difficult with the ea stuff, mainly that he feels like they are not worht his time(dinosaurs) since he can make several thousand dollars off one single outback wagon selling parts through a dealer and bodyshop network. He does not deal with ebay/internet/forums.

If one could have access to his ea inventory, they would OWN the online ea81/82 parts market on the internet!

It never hurts to check him out. Whether or not you get a deal is dependent on dude's mood, whether or not he is sitting in his underwear, or has a burr up his A.

The first time i went there, he entertained me for a good hour showing me around the building. The next time i went there, he wouldn't give me the time of day.

Be sure to drive a hard bargain ans show the money, and he will entertain you.

#21 lesstutrey

lesstutrey

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 185 posts
  • Chicagoland

Posted 12 January 2011 - 02:18 PM

Mike doesn't generally let you browse the yard, let alone pull your own part. Most if not all the cars in the yard are complete, aor as they were when they came in.

But, he may have the parts you need on a shelf in a warehouse, since he processes one car at a time.

He is a little difficult with the ea stuff, mainly that he feels like they are not worht his time(dinosaurs) since he can make several thousand dollars off one single outback wagon selling parts through a dealer and bodyshop network. He does not deal with ebay/internet/forums.

If one could have access to his ea inventory, they would OWN the online ea81/82 parts market on the internet!

It never hurts to check him out. Whether or not you get a deal is dependent on dude's mood, whether or not he is sitting in his underwear, or has a burr up his A.

The first time i went there, he entertained me for a good hour showing me around the building. The next time i went there, he wouldn't give me the time of day.

Be sure to drive a hard bargain ans show the money, and he will entertain you.

Ahh.... well i have a friend in wisconsin who runs another place like that (not a heaven to speak, just a body yard specializing in auto parts) guess i'll stick with him. My car, however, is an EZ

#22 MilesFox

MilesFox

Catch this Fox!

• Members
  • 10,534 posts
  • Madison/Milwaukee, WI

Posted 12 January 2011 - 03:37 PM

Ahh.... well i have a friend in wisconsin who runs another place like that (not a heaven to speak, just a body yard specializing in auto parts) guess i'll stick with him. My car, however, is an EZ

This friend of yours wouldn't be Mike with a tow truck, would he?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users