Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Missing parts

I can't find these in my local scrap yard was wondering if anyone has an extra lying around they could donate. Portland OR area I could pick up. The car is an 89 GL Sedan. I'm in need of a couple of pieces. Dome light lens, front passenger side corner marker lens and an oil filler cap. If you have any of these lying around can you par with them? I am doing some volunteer work for a friend in need--

A good friend of mine just bought her mom an 89 GL Sedan. Auto with 4wd. I believe it is MPFI engine. 145K on her and she is in pretty good overall condition. Got her for $300. See the girl lost her dad last year and her mom is raising three teenagers by herself. She had to give up their two financed cars when her hubby passed. So my friend bought this car as a surprise for her mom but it needs a couple of things.

Doesn't that pull on your heartstrings a tad? That’s why I am helping her out. She is giving the car to her mom Next Friday, the anniversary of her fathers death. They have a girly day planned. They are getting massages and facials and whatnots. She is just going to pull up in the Sube and hand her the keys with a "Here ya go mom!" I am in charge of getting it in shape to present to her. It seems to run okay. Needs to pass emissions yet. Installing new front axle this weekend. General tune up stuff. But I need the couple of parts listed above. Not Necessary but would help the appearance of the car a bit.

Thank you,

--GoatBoy--

PS Oh yeah and a fuel cap too!

If you head down to B&R in Eugene they probably have what your looking for, as there are probably around 20 cars that may have what you are looking for. Just don't try to find a blower motor resister, as I pulled about 10 trying to find one that wasn't burnt out (it was my second from there, the first replacement lasted two years).