Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Yeah I just solved the noise on our MY01 OB Wagon. I just carefully removed the tweeters by pulling them straight away from the door and, with the window down, slowly pushed the entire panel behind the tweeter so it reduces the gap where the glass sides up in between. The gasket now contacts the window better and the wind noise is gone. Finally! I figure I'll have to do this every 6 months or so.

• 5 years later...

My 01 OBW had the wind noise problem. In a different forum, someone recommended installing 1/4" OD clear vinyl tubing. It took about 5 ft. per window seal. You pull the seat out board and tuck the tubing into the space, and cut to size. For a total of $3.25 the window wind noise problem is solved and the doors close much more securely without the worn window seal play from aging. The tubing was purchased in the plumbing dept. @ Lowe's.

It's a 10 minute fix. :clap:

I have a 2000 Forester L. I don't understand how to fix this

noise problem. :confused:

Can some please explain it to me. Thanks !

~Howard

:banana:

The part of the door where the side view mirror is...with the window up step out of the car and look right at the seem on the outside/inside where the glass meets the seem (gusset) you will prob notice it is not flush (there will prob be some space there... If there is space there..put down the window and VERY CAREFULLY push in on the entire gusset from the inside and above the side view mirror on the outside..to confirm the seal is better just put up the window and look for the space again...continue to adjust until the space is nearly gone... FWIW..Ive seen dozens and dozens of these problems and those gussets do wear out...they can only be adjusted so many times..