Ultimate Subaru Message Board

where does everyobe get there weller toyota hilux rims?

if You're Searchin' for six Lug Rims, not Only Toyota but other car Makers had them, like Chevrolet, Isuzu, etc...

I Believe that those might be Easy to Find in a Junk Yard; Not only original but also there are plenty Aftermarket ones.

Kind Regards.

I am looking for 6 lugs but they need to be offset because I'm putting bigger tires and a 4inch lift on my brat.

SJ

if you go too wide a stance, you will have a lot more beating/cutting to do....

on my 82 wagon, I had 27x8.50x14 BFG mud terrains on pug steels, and with a 3 inch lift, I barely had any beating/cutting to do...

I now have a 4" lift on the same wagon, and 27x9.50x15 swampers on aftermarket 6 lug wheels with a RWD offset, and I've cut and pounded, and the wheels still rub at full lock... wheels are 15x7 with 3.5" or 3.75" backspacing...

You DO NOT want more offset. That increases the swing arc of your steering and causes you to have to do a LOT more beating and cutting. You want the correct Subaru offset. The Peugeot rims are very close and are an excelent choice.

Many of the Toyota rims are close as are some of the older Isuzu truck (Chevy Luv) rims. Proper Chevy rims have too much offset.

GD

I am looking for 6 lugs but they need to be offset because I'm putting bigger tires and a 4inch lift on my brat.

SJ

Is this on a first gen Brat?

If so I get why you need the offset.....the ends of the torsion tubes.

Yeah....uh.....IDK, I'd just start shopping around.

I ussually agree with others here that a narrower offset is better (easier on bearings, no bump steer, violation of fender laws) but in your case you gotta do what you gotta do.

I've seen a few people make spacers for just the rear of first gen brats.

I would just check around a junk yard you can get some steelies for pretty cheep! I personally like pug wheels they fit great (as in no lugs needed to be added and they have a really close to original offset) And if you don't want to lift, but want bigger tires they require minimal cutting :grin: