Ultimate Subaru Message Board

lift and tire size combo pics...

mcbrat

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

heres a quick question... so i just bought a 2" lift for my 88 GL wagon.. like its in the mail... and i have 15" wheels and just found a smokin deal on some 215 75r15 bfgoodrich all terrains... will they fit??? im not afraid to trim and bash abit but even with bashing and trimming would they fit??? i see some tires around the same size on here on 2" kits but most of them are on 14" pugs...

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

So I see on here that a few people run 27" tires with a 2" lift and don't have to trim or bash at all. Anyone have any info on that? I want to make sure before I make a wheel and tire purchase. I do not want to do any trimming, and definitely no bashing, but want to fit 205 75 15 tires with a 2" lift. If anyone has any insight, please let me know! Thanks

I should add, this is on an EA82

Edited by bratman18

• 1 month later...

hey guys lookin for a lil help here. i recently lifted the ea82 with a 4"SJR and am trying to find good tires for it. I got a good deal on some 15" wheels so all im missin is the rubber. I see alotta you guys runnin tsl's and ssr's and ext's and all/mud terrains and the like. where are you all acquiring these tires?? I am havin alotta trouble locating any aggressive tread thats smaller than 31"....... I hear I can fit up to about a 29" but would like more of a 26-27 range so that the ea82 can still turn em. I know we don't want too much discussion on this page so feel free to just PM me any info. thank you

thoughts?

answers?

thanks guys!

Ryan

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

dont have any good pics of mine, but mine ends up being a 6 inch SJR lift, 235/75/15 tires, 1.5" spacers stock 15" rims, they only rub on full lock and max compression

Ordering 29x8.5x15 Swampers here this week.   Going to be adding 2-2.5" of lift to the rear and another half inch or so up front.  Trying to get the car to sit level with my big speaker box in the back lol

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

ok dont know if anyone is still reading this thread, luv it by the way. I finally got my 96 legacy. so excited. I ordered a set of new KYB GR2 outback struts for front and rear but I am still trying to find out what

the ideal tire size is with the 2" lift the strut swap gives. I either want 215/60/15 or 225/60/15 but not sure if the 225s will mess with the cvs or not. Any input would be great. Thanks guys.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...