Ultimate Subaru Message Board

lift and tire size combo pics...

mcbrat

• 3 weeks later...

1998 Impreza wagon Brighton. 2.2 4eat

- 1998 Forester struts and springs (rears swapped with the original Impreza tophats)
- 215/70/15 Goodyear snow tires

- rear doglegs "adjusted" forward instead of swapping the trailing arm brackets

- 10.5" clearance to the oilpan, 11" to the rear diff.

- rear swaybar currently disconnected, front stock one in use

Impreza_boss.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

1996 impreza outback 

chopped off muffler 

no sway bars 

no front or back bumpers 

abs delete

no name off road lights 

outback trailing arm brackets

04 forester kyb struts and some off brand 185/65/14 snow tires 

subarubridge2_zpsb801d161.png

subaru_zps6ef1d40d.jpg

subaruureoffroad_zpsd1e5ce8e.jpg

This is my new baby

I have big plans for her if i can find someone to dig up drawings and specs for a four or two inch lift pretty please lol

battleturtle2_zps526707f0.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Sorry for not really adding anything to the thread but I got a offset/back spacing question for y'all.

I just took my SJR lift kit off and am just on forester struts and I still have my 235s on. They stick out way to far for my liking. Wondering if anyone knows what a good backspacing would be for a little bit of poke. Right now over half the tire is past the fender. My wheel specs are 15 x7 3.75 backspace with 1" adapters. I want at most 1 inch of poke. There are some options on summit racing I just don't what what backspace to get

• 1 month later...

I am doing a 2" lift on my loyale and am looking at new tires but I can't figure out what will fit. Lots of people say they have 27" with no rub on a 2" and others say they have rub from 27" on a 3" lift.

Why the difference? Offset? What would the ideal offset be? Or is it from saggy suspension?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sorry for not really adding anything to the thread but I got a offset/back spacing question for y'all.

I just took my SJR lift kit off and am just on forester struts and I still have my 235s on. They stick out way to far for my liking. Wondering if anyone knows what a good backspacing would be for a little bit of poke. Right now over half the tire is past the fender. My wheel specs are 15 x7 3.75 backspace with 1" adapters. I want at most 1 inch of poke. There are some options on summit racing I just don't what what backspace to get

How high was your lift? And is it for sale?

• 5 months later...

I'm looking at lifting my 87 DL wagon but I dont know which one I want to do. I've looked up the lifting spacers and have been thinking of getting them, but also I've heard of using forester springs to give the car a lift too. which one do y'all think would be the best and cheapest to do. Another subject would be bigger wheels to get cheaper mud terrain tires. what wheel would i get? i know its a six lug but which ones work the best?

• Like 1

I'm looking at lifting my 87 DL wagon but I dont know which one I want to do. I've looked up the lifting spacers and have been thinking of getting them, but also I've heard of using forester springs to give the car a lift too. which one do y'all think would be the best and cheapest to do. Another subject would be bigger wheels to get cheaper mud terrain tires. what wheel would i get? i know its a six lug but which ones work the best?

Forester springs or any ej style suspension won't work on your car. You're only option is lift blocks.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just got a 96 legacy. Looking to do lift and tires but don't know the best direction to go in. I want to go big but not ridiculous. I saw someone say something about forester or outback struts and springs, how effective/easy is that swap to do? I've also seen lift spacers and king springs. Again just looking for advice.