Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Newb

Hey I'm new here. My son and I are just starting to work on a 1977 Leone Station Wagon 4X4. It's so cool...haha

The engine runs but we have a problem. The car sat in a field for 20 years and the fuel system is badly laquered. We were able to get fuel through the tubing from the fuel tank to the carb, but the tank is where we are at for now. (still trying to get the "jello" out) haha. So we are at a stand still...

heres the car as it stand now...DSC_0265.jpg

Very cool wagon! I'll extend a welcome, but I'm pretty new here myself..

I recently started a '76 sedan with similar fuel system issues. I pulled the tank and had a radiator shop clean the inside. All the fuel residue and loose coating was removed, and it's ready for the POR15 tank resto stuff when I have a couple of hours handy.

Welcome aboard!

Jason

Oh yes! IMO, well worth the cost for removing the responsibility of chemical disposal. Not to mention that they got it ALL out, not just the stuff accessible throught the small openings that could be illuminated with a pen light......

If you have an active car club in your neighborhood, you can hit 'em up for a good shop or restoration guy. I just called around to the radiator shops in my area and went with the cheapest guy that didn't annoy me on the phone. I paid $50, prices were between $30 to $70 if I remember correctly.

Best of luck,

Jason