Got a replacement clock coming. Thanks to SuperBrat.
Got info on the resistor, 750 Ohm x 2 Watt. Thanks to NorthWet.....
In the middle of doing rear wheel bearings. Driver's side was piece of cake.. Passenger side however, is wanting to argue. Ring nut seems to have made itself one with the housing. Beat on it for a bit, then sprayed it down with some more Yield, left it to sit overnight. May have to get the "big torch" out and put some heat to it. May drop the arm out to get a better angle on things.
Used Mother Nature's freezer to assist in doing the bearing install on the DS.
Once I had everything apart and cleaned the stub shaft up, I put it in a plastic bag and stuck it a snow pile. Greased up the new bearings, grabbed the shaft and basically dropped the bearings into place. Put the assembly back into the bag and the snow pile while I cleaned up the housing. Moved the torpedo heater so it was hitting the housing.Took a much needed beer break. Bearing assembly slid right in with no issue. Installed the seals and put rotor/caliper back on. New tapered and flat washers installed also.
Debating on whether to put the rear diff/axles back once I get the PS done.
I dropped that all out last Tuesday in an effort to isolate the noises I was hearing. I pulled the rear section of the driveshaft a few months ago due to bad u-joints. So the diff/axles have just been along for the ride.
I haven't had the extra cash to get the u-joints bought yet, so there's no real reason the put the diff in yet. Cross that bridge when I get to it.
It also seems I need to do another bleeding of the brake system. Both rear rotors show very little signs of use, as in, they have a bit of rust on them where the pads hit, not shiney like they should be. Caliper slides are free and lubed. Got to be some air in there some where. Hmm, guess the brakes aren't as good as I thought they were........