Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Abs and cold weather

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 1-3-2-4

1-3-2-4

Subaru Mike!

• Members
  • 3,635 posts
  • Greenwich

Posted 11 December 2010 - 07:30 AM

Has anyone have the abs act funny in cold weather this morning went to start up and the abs light come on but after I got gas it was off and I had abs again..

#2 Fuzpile

Fuzpile

Banned

• Banned
  • 318 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 07:54 AM

No . I never did and mine should mess up if one is going to. It really is a good system. A small story; There is this highway which is a thurowfare well it's a pia when backed up mess and this freakin new Corvette cuts me off and is itching to show his HP and I'm sorta pissed about that so I'm close behind him and all these police basically cut right into the whole thing and Mr Corvette stands on His brakes (which are very good!) and I hit mine really hard !!!!!!!!!!!! I know cars, it it woulda slid and I buy that 'Vette but it didn't.
That Legacy just gripped the road and stopped scary good. The 'Vette guy Knew I saved him a neck injury. :banana:

#3 nipper

nipper

Semi Elite Master of the

• Members
  • 17,507 posts
  • Long Island NY

Posted 11 December 2010 - 11:40 AM

Has anyone have the abs act funny in cold weather this morning went to start up and the abs light come on but after I got gas it was off and I had abs again..

I would check the alt output at 1800 RPM with EVERYTHING on. The light comes on if the voltage is low, which is what I suspect may be the issue here.

nipper

#4 1-3-2-4

1-3-2-4

Subaru Mike!

• Members
  • 3,635 posts
  • Greenwich

Posted 11 December 2010 - 11:43 AM

I can check again but i dont think i will see anything funny

#5 nipper

nipper

Semi Elite Master of the

• Members
  • 17,507 posts
  • Long Island NY

Posted 11 December 2010 - 11:46 AM

You did not say you checked it the first time. You also need to know the voltage drop at that cold start in the morning.

How old is the battery.

See if you can borrow and old silver load tester, as they are the best. Test the battery cold first thing in the morning. If that all pases we will go from there.

Post the results.

#6 1-3-2-4

1-3-2-4

Subaru Mike!

• Members
  • 3,635 posts
  • Greenwich

Posted 11 December 2010 - 11:48 AM

battery is only one year old

#7 nipper

nipper

Semi Elite Master of the

• Members
  • 17,507 posts
  • Long Island NY

Posted 11 December 2010 - 11:56 AM

Okies then lets check the draw when starting and Alt output.

#8 Qman

Qman

Happiness is... no lag!!

• 11,113 posts
  • Sumner

Posted 11 December 2010 - 04:08 PM

I would imagine it was frozen. Check for ABS codes. If none, then that is probably the problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users