Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Neato! Why dont they do that hear?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 WJM

WJM

SUBARU

• Members
  • 7,828 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 12:29 AM

http://www.subaru.co...s/?newsid=11951

If this is off topic, just tell me or move it....

Thats really neato....id love to be the cop driving that daily. Nothing could escape the grasp of the STi....except for a tuned STi (or stock) with a smart driver behind the wheel...

#2 GeneralDisorder

GeneralDisorder

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 20,281 posts
  • Portland

Posted 29 February 2004 - 12:33 AM

Cali hiway patrol has a lamborghini - seized it in a drug bust. Pretty sure your STi would get walked on.

GD

#3 bushbasher

bushbasher

exhaust fume addict

• Members
  • 1,707 posts
  • Sooke B.C. Canada

Posted 29 February 2004 - 12:42 AM

thats a good idea... government seized vehicles converted to cop car duty :D

#4 TimHansen

TimHansen

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 146 posts
  • Milwaukee, WI

Posted 29 February 2004 - 01:19 AM

Government confiscation of private property is NEVER a good idea...

#5 GeneralDisorder

GeneralDisorder

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 20,281 posts
  • Portland

Posted 29 February 2004 - 01:20 AM

That all depends on who's property it is..... basically if it's not mine, then I don't give a damn.

GD

#6 bbbs53

bbbs53

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 487 posts
  • Bonners Ferry Idaho

Posted 29 February 2004 - 01:45 AM

Why is the taking of ill gotten gains a bad idea? If you sell poison to society for instance, why should you be allowed to keep the profits? If I have to pay taxes and someone gets caught cheating on theirs, why shouldn't the government reduce my tax load by selling off the assets or using them for some type of government work? I am affraid that I don't agree that it is never a good idea. Very rarely are the assets of an innocent person taken. It has happened, but not very often. It is a risk that we take by deciding to live by a certain set of rules, mistakes can and do happen, but it doesn't make the action invalid. By the by Tim, I would get a cheap camera to take with you on the trip or you may find out first hand about the confiscation of personal property. See notes on the first trip. I look forward to meeting you when and if you guy's get here.:D

#7 TomRhere

TomRhere

Certified BRAT nut!!!

• Members
  • 4,001 posts
  • Hillsdale, Mi. USA

Posted 29 February 2004 - 05:20 AM

The Jackson(Mi) City Police had/have a late '70's Corvette as a Patrol car.

The Jackson Post of the State Police had/have a Mustang SVO, '86 I think.

If either one is in your rear view mirror, you might as well pull on over, 'specially if it's the 'Stang. It be one fast horse, and they know how to drive it.

#8 oddcomp

oddcomp

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,763 posts
  • longview ,wa

Posted 29 February 2004 - 11:08 AM

i think each pd should has one highley tuned car with a ex rally driver ..
just think how fast pursuits would be over less chance of people /property damage
especially when people figure out thats its point less to run in the first place

#9 calebz

calebz

Andys Coupe killed my cat

• Administrator
  • 7,547 posts
  • Tacoma

Posted 29 February 2004 - 12:48 PM

Ocean shores WA has all sorts of different police calrs.. they have a vette, a 32 ford coupe.. Seems that had a lambo or something a few years back, but I could be wrong.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users