Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

exhaust questions

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mudER wagon

mudER wagon

New User

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Tumwater washington

Posted 22 December 2010 - 12:59 PM

lookin for a new exhaust for my ea82 wagon looking for somehing that gives it that throaty boxer sound anyone know of anything good??

i did some searching here but couldnt exactly find what i was after any suggestions or help would be appreciated :)

Edited by mudER wagon, 22 December 2010 - 01:00 PM.
im a nub

#2 MilesFox

MilesFox

Catch this Fox!

• Members
  • 10,295 posts
  • Madison/Milwaukee, WI

Posted 22 December 2010 - 01:07 PM

You could possibly retrofit an impreza cat-back exhaust. you are stuck with the stock header, unless you can invent one, of find one of 15 twe headers made.

If you just fabricate an exhaust, lose the center and rear sections, and install a 2" cherry bomb where the resonator is, and straight pipe out to the rear. The stock y pipe is just right for this engine

#3 mudER wagon

mudER wagon

New User

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Tumwater washington

Posted 22 December 2010 - 01:33 PM

thanks miles, was sorta lookin at going the cherry bomb route, anyone have any vids with a mod like this i could hear?

#4 MilesFox

MilesFox

Catch this Fox!

• Members
  • 10,295 posts
  • Madison/Milwaukee, WI

Posted 22 December 2010 - 03:12 PM

88 dl cherry bomb in the middle, straight pipe to the rear. I simply cut out the center pipe to install the cherry bomb, andused the remaining length of pioe to replace the factory muffler, using factory mounts

and this one, 88 gl sedan with cherry bomb right after the y pipe, and a 2 inch 90 deg turnout to the side, with a 2.5 inch pipe after the bend to just ahead of the rear wheel
Watch this from 8:00 min to hear the car

TheLoyale's safari wagon, 92 loyale 4wd at, factory exhaust with a cherry bomb in place of muffler at original location
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l64AbFuK5-s&feature=player_detailpage

#5 mudER wagon

mudER wagon

New User

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Tumwater washington

Posted 22 December 2010 - 04:28 PM

[/QUOTE]and this one, 88 gl sedan with cherry bomb right after the y pipe, and a 2 inch 90 deg turnout to the side, with a 2.5 inch pipe after the bend to just ahead of the rear wheel
Watch this from 8:00 min to hear the car[/QUOTE]

i like the sound of that one thanks alot miles for the help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users