Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

steering wheel wobble/ break peddle wobble

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ValuedCustomer

ValuedCustomer

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Sequim wa

Posted 22 December 2010 - 11:41 PM

hey just wondeing what you think this is ? get a pulsation on the steering wheel and barly on the brake peddle when breaking moderatly. do you think this is just the break roters being unballanced? when i pull this apart to see what the roters look like what should i look for?

#2 BEECHBM69

BEECHBM69

USMB Regular

• Members
  • 142 posts
  • Virginia Beach

Posted 23 December 2010 - 12:20 AM

hey just wondeing what you think this is ? get a pulsation on the steering wheel and barly on the brake peddle when breaking moderatly. do you think this is just the break roters being unballanced? when i pull this apart to see what the roters look like what should i look for?

It sounds like classic symptoms of a warped rotor. I don't know you would be able to see it with the naked eye, but you can certainly tell if they are scorched or gouged.

Dan

#3 NorthWet

NorthWet

Eeyore Incarnate

• Members
  • 5,039 posts
  • Bremerton, WA

Posted 23 December 2010 - 03:10 AM

+1 on warped rotors. They are cheap to replace.

#4 KristjanJohann

KristjanJohann

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Reykjavik, Iceland

Posted 23 December 2010 - 04:37 AM

Def the rotors. Change them out and the pads also... and if you can feel it to the steering wheel, it's def the front rotors

#5 nipper

nipper

Semi Elite Master of the

• Members
  • 17,542 posts
  • Long Island NY

Posted 24 December 2010 - 04:03 PM

Also check the sliders on the calipers to see if that caused the rotor warp.

#6 ValuedCustomer

ValuedCustomer

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Sequim wa

Posted 25 December 2010 - 10:47 AM

what are the sliders? and how could they warp the rotors?

#7 nipper

nipper

Semi Elite Master of the

• Members
  • 17,542 posts
  • Long Island NY

Posted 25 December 2010 - 10:50 AM

what are the sliders? and how could they warp the rotors?

Those are the pins that the calipers slide on. The calipers are basically giant clamps. Rotors warp either because of hard spots in mfg, sudden cooling after being EXTREEMLY hot (like a dragging caliper), or a dragging caliper. You may not notice a dragging caliper when you change the pads. Always clean and lubricate the sliders at every pad change. Use brake grease, it comes with the better pads. Dragging caliper can heat the rotor too much.

#8 HATCHY

HATCHY

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 437 posts
  • Everett. 425

Posted 27 December 2010 - 10:21 AM

Hows the rubber? Because I just went through this. I was hunting down snowtires in my buddys subaru parts graveyard.. I had discovered snow tires that had like 90 percent tread, and those thing were light braking wobble, over 40 wobble over 50 death roll. come to find out they were retreds, Discount tire two brand new ones problem solved

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users