Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Ej20g transfer to Subaru Omega Rx Turbo fulltime 4wd coupe

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Tyson_nig

Tyson_nig

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Otago

Posted 23 December 2010 - 06:09 PM

Hi ive currently bought a forrester engine from a 1997 subaru with a TDo4 ive read thru the website and searched everywhere for adapter plates as im unable to make them myself i tried weberjets and they only make carburated ones. is there another way?? or do i go to a engineer to get one made

#2 Tyson_nig

Tyson_nig

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Otago

Posted 23 December 2010 - 06:12 PM

it did have a EA82t in but seeing as the heads had warped and was overheating ive already chucked it and kept the original clutch kit and flywheel.

#3 MilesFox

MilesFox

Catch this Fox!

• Members
  • 10,501 posts
  • Madison/Milwaukee, WI

Posted 23 December 2010 - 07:09 PM

you will need to drill out the flywheel holes to match the crank on the ej22 engine, use this flywheel and pressure plate, with an ea82 clutch disc. If you can engineer a bellhousing adapter, it will be 1/2" thick (12mm).

The lower studs will line up, and so will the pilot shaft. You would need to devise a way to make the top line up with either tapped studs or slotted holes.

There is a bellhousing adapter vailable inusa made by one of the members of this forum.

It is also possible to hybrid the ej and ea trans to eliminate the need for a bellhousing, but you will need a donor trans.

#4 Tyson_nig

Tyson_nig

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Otago

Posted 24 December 2010 - 12:17 AM

im also in posession of a gt legacy 1990 wagon auto with an ej20t engine i would very much like to buy an adapter plate or may have to talk to an engineer thanks.

#5 LPGsuperchargedBrumby

LPGsuperchargedBrumby

Fully retarded and low on compression

• Members
  • 656 posts
  • Dunedin, NZ

Posted 24 December 2010 - 01:09 AM

i think i still have my adaptor template around somewhere...you can borrow that if you want

or you can easily make your own to take to an engineer...or Precision Profile can cut you one out if you give them an template lol

i'm assuming the Otago in your heading is the Otago in NZ?

#6 rxleone

rxleone

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • Christchurch, New Zealand

Posted 24 December 2010 - 04:51 AM

i think i still have my adaptor template around somewhere...you can borrow that if you want

or you can easily make your own to take to an engineer...or Precision Profile can cut you one out if you give them an template lol

i'm assuming the Otago in your heading is the Otago in NZ?

I've got a EA to EJ adaptor plate file - its a .dwg file so you'd have to have AutoCAD or the guys who are doing it will. I haven't used it before, I got it off a dude who lives in the states - seems to look right though. PM me your email if you want it.

#7 kiwi subbie

kiwi subbie

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 932 posts
  • Christchurch, New Zealand

Posted 29 December 2010 - 04:28 AM

I think there was a guy on Clubsub that was getting some adapters made up. He mite have one or get one made for you?
There was also a engineering place on trademe that was selling some.
I think it was a engineering place in Canterbury.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users