Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Ej20g transfer to Subaru Omega Rx Turbo fulltime 4wd coupe

Tyson_nig

Hi ive currently bought a forrester engine from a 1997 subaru with a TDo4 ive read thru the website and searched everywhere for adapter plates as im unable to make them myself i tried weberjets and they only make carburated ones. is there another way?? or do i go to a engineer to get one made

you will need to drill out the flywheel holes to match the crank on the ej22 engine, use this flywheel and pressure plate, with an ea82 clutch disc. If you can engineer a bellhousing adapter, it will be 1/2" thick (12mm).

The lower studs will line up, and so will the pilot shaft. You would need to devise a way to make the top line up with either tapped studs or slotted holes.

There is a bellhousing adapter vailable inusa made by one of the members of this forum.

It is also possible to hybrid the ej and ea trans to eliminate the need for a bellhousing, but you will need a donor trans.

i think i still have my adaptor template around somewhere...you can borrow that if you want

or you can easily make your own to take to an engineer...or Precision Profile can cut you one out if you give them an template lol

i'm assuming the Otago in your heading is the Otago in NZ?

I've got a EA to EJ adaptor plate file - its a .dwg file so you'd have to have AutoCAD or the guys who are doing it will. I haven't used it before, I got it off a dude who lives in the states - seems to look right though. PM me your email if you want it.