Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Rarest Old-School Subaru Part or Option?

The problems of getting trim? ... using the internet :P ...

Yes, I know... I have obtained parts for my Subaru online since more than a decade ago, mainly here, with the Kind Help of the nice forum members, as you can see ~► Here.

However, it does not make much sense to import trims that says "Loyale" from overseas, just to say that the car came like that from factory to europe, especially considering that if he needed new trims, they were available there locally.  However, anything could be possible.

Kind Regards.

Edited by Loyale 2.7 Turbo

• 2 weeks later...

A Li'l off-topic but... Have you seen This Video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEec-zfxiQQ

in another Subject, there is a Survey going on @ USMB, about this Subaru EA82 with a "Continental" Luxury Package, that was owned by another USMB Member, see the Subie here:

1980016_678468992199132_1152570287_o.jpg

The Survey's Thread is Here:

~► http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/145263-im-taking-a-survey/

Have you seen that Option Before?

Must be a Dealer Optional Package, isn't it?

Kind Regards.

I saw that & thought it was a convertible :P

But then wondered about the B pillars.

Seems a waste & looks ugly IMHO, but each to his own. We can't all have the same car ;)

One day, I still want to make a Brat/Brumby from a "Loyale" wagon using the doors & side panels from a coupe, then top half of the wagon tailgate for the back window, with the bottom half for the tailgate.

The tray would be tiny doing it this way though...

And getting the doors/side panels down under would be ridiculously expensive :(

About the Third Gen Leone / EA82 \ Loyale's Sealed HeadLamps, seems like the USDM never got the Later ones (from 1990 and up), that instead of the crappy 9004 Bulb on Great Quality Glass Front with Metal Housing, came with the Better H4 Bulb, also with the same Great Quality Glass in front, but with Plastic Housing.

The AUDM, the LADM (Latin American Domestic Market), EUDM, etc... got them, See:

Foto-0063.jpg

The Plastic Housings / Glass Lenses' Headlamps with H4 Bulbs were widely used in the LADM (Latin American Domestic Market), I've seen them in Honduras on certain 1990+ Loyales, and also the Local Subaru Dealer used to carry them brand New, as spare parts, I wanted to buy a set but it was extremely expensive... now the Subaru Dealer is Gone...

Let me show you an Example of those H4 Headlamps from the LADM:

Plastic%20Housing%20HeadLamps.jpg

The older Style, Metal Housing / Glass Lense, came with 9004 Bulbs. As far as I know, the Plastic ones never were available in the USDM, but the LADM ones are designed for the Left Hand Drive Cars, so they will spread the Correct light beam Pattern, for the USA Roads.

You can find them online, at e-Bay: ~► http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUBARU-LEONE-LEFT-HEADLAMP-L-SERIES-01-84-06-94-/181155684402

Plastic%20Housing%20Loyale%20HeadLamps.j

This is an Example of them, mounted in a Subie:

PlasticHeadlamps.jpg

Edit, seems like maybe some -few- models got those HeadLamps in USA, according to this post:

I had a set of the plastic ones on a 85 gl-10 that i parted out that was fully load even with rx interior.

Kind Regards.

Yes... the H4 Bulb is Better than the 9004, but the Plastic Housing is worser than the Metallic one. In my Case, I used Dual Beam "Natural Colour" (5000K) H.I.D.'s on the Glass Headlamps of my "BumbleBeast"

illumination Problem = Solved.  B) 

Kind Regards.

...All of our lights have a glass lens on the front with a chrome plastic reflector.

Well, Early EA82's that came to the LADM are like the USDM, they came with full Metal + Glass, not a single bit of Plastic on the Headlamps, except the Ring that holds the 9004 bulb in place, which is easily removable.

So, since they're Metal + Glass and No Plastic, people usually place them in Ovens, to heat for some minutes, to melt the glue that holds the glass lens to the metallic base together, in order to separate the Glass from the Metallic Base, to gain access to the HeadLamp's interior.

Why? ... to add Led Stripes, cover with aluminium Foil the Rusted Backing reflectors, insert H.I.D. Projectors... etc... see this threads in Example:

~► http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/120953-projector-lenses-into-glloyale-buckets/

~► http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/145412-separating-ea82-headlamp-asembly/

Kind Regards.

• 5 months later...

Here is an Example of the Plastic Housing HeadLamps,

that uses H4 Bulbs instead the Crappy 9004, for the EA82:

10679780_761438197235544_434213251427432

(This photo belongs to Nico, but I signed it because it is hosted on my Albums, and I had Bandwidth issues in the Past)

This Headlamps belongs to Nico's Wonderful Retro GL-10 Turbo project,

as seen here: ~► http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/126559-retro-gl-10-turbo-build/page-16

Kind Regards.

13" Chrome Jackmans.

Suck on that biznatches :grin:

And yes, I have a set ;)

Twitch

My friend had a set, meth heads stole 3 of them and sold them for $7 scrap... got busted, but not before the rims were melted or whatever.

He scared them away as they were stealing the 4th one... they left it behind. He showed it to me, beautiful! :)

Edited by BirdMobile

Also, Nico has the Rare "Full Automatic-Cover" Fog Halogen Lights,

optioned for the Early EA82 Turbo.

10662222_761438263902204_385679171642690

I used to have a set of those. They even survived after I crashed the front passenger side into a tree, but the guy who bought the wreck lost one of them...

Took me a while to get the motors to work consistently tho

Now got another set made for the Liberty/Legacy (don't know why when there was factory cutout for them... :P) that look the same, but the mounting bracket is just flat (makes it easier to screw to the bottom of a bumper ;)

My friend had a set, meth heads stole 3 of them and sold them for $7 scrap... got busted, but not before the rims were melted or whatever.

He scared them away as they were stealing the 4th one... they left it behind. He showed it to me, beautiful! :)

That they are, especially when polished up real nice.

They are currently on my 83 Wagon, they were on my 85 BRAT...

Twitch

no pic as yet, but I'd like to nominate a lock nut from EA82 spfi throttle adjust as a rare part.

It is 8mm hex, is not M6 1.0mm pitch.

If it is M6 it is finer pitch 0.7 or 0.8mm

it may be M5.

I was cleaning mine on its stud in the wire wheel, touching it to the wire wheel and pulling out, before it could get a spin on it.

Well pulled out except for the last time, saw it drop to the carpet on the floor, heard a timely noise of something hit the shed door, below was gravel :(

I put the gravel through a sieve, I ran hard drive magnets through the gravel and came up with a carby needle, clip washer, normal washer, numerous screws from interior etc, iron possessing bits of dirt and gravel, more screws n stuff, and finally - a nut. just didn't look quite the same - turned out to be an M6 1.0 nut.

Other Sube mpfi throttle stops are normal 1.0mm pitch from the looks.

Over two days in different light, probably two hours of searching - I found it :) stuck to the ick build up grime on a Vortex manual shifter in a box in opposite direction to the 1.5 sq metre I was searching.

With two known spfi inlet manifolds in Oz - it is indeed a rare part !

• Like 2

Just bought a set of these rims for my leone. Has anyone seen these before ? 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/km3km9l5ez1o3f6/DSC_0137.JPG?dl=0

Some specs: They are 13", ET42 and reads RW spyder in them. Two of them has the center cup in them and two don't and the paintjob needs some love and care.

Edited by -tombba-
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I bet that those tiny threaded holes are intended for placing the Base for a Switch, but I am almost Sure that such Switch was Not intended for the Factory Halogen Lamps, because the Factory Switch for those Halogens, came on the Dashboard; as you can see it in previous posts of this thread, also here:

Fotos-0124.jpg

So, could those be intended to mount a Switch for some kind of Factory Alarm System?

Saw this parked about a block from my place when going for a walk. The picture is crap, but it's a royal blue top/khaki bottom Leone Touring Wagon, with 'Escape' badging. I'm wondering, is this some kind of limited edition JDM Leone, or has it been painted up later in life to look like an Outback? I suspect it's the latter, as the paint is in really good nick and looks like a different type to that which Subaru used on the Leone (ie durable).

And yes, that's a geniune JDM Honda City Turbo. Mad wee cars.