Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Rarest Old-School Subaru Part or Option?

I have a dealer key chain and gift box, and a gen 1 trailer hitch. I also had a leone/loyale bug deflector. Don't know if it was manufactured by subaru, probably not. Unfortunately it got smashed when I hit a deer. On the lookout for the Brat snow plow package, and an original subaru brush guard wench.

• 1 month later...
Working digital clock option?

If it doesn't work, pull it a part and soldier any dodgy looking joints on the board... works a treat!

The rare sort after part in oz for the offroaders is the L series AWD locking centre diff gearbox! AWD onroad and true 4WD offroad... The RX 4wd rear discs are rear too but the Crossbred conversion kit has changed the demand for this setup a little bit. Crossbred brake kit is the way to go for better brakes on the old 4 stud'd subarus ;)

One good one that I've only seen one example of is factory climate control in the L series - I'd love one of them for my subi but would't have a clue as to where to look for a unit for a subi with the steering wheel on the correct side of the dashboard, also known as the right side :lol:

Also the R160 detroit locker - an aftermarket part that was made by some of the subaru rally teams here in oz. Dunno if they made it to the US. I'd seriously love an air locker for the R160 but am currently dreaming!

Cheers

Bennie

Are those rare? I have one in my Brat, thought it was just about the most 80s japanese thing I ever did saw! :P

the glove box mounted mirror was a stock item. at least on all the 82 GL's I've ever had... not sure about 80-81 or DL models...

in '83 they switched to the mirror in the visor.

factory fog lamps WITH "subaru" slip covers

RV

I've got a set of those, uninstalled. And I've got another set that are odd (maybe not BRAT option). The Subaru covers swivel up and back out of the way of the yellow lenses.

But the real gem is the GEN-1 hard bed cover with the louvers. I'm saving it for the Gen-1 I want to get.

post-4266-136027646806_thumb.jpg

My XT6. If you have seen the factory color you know what I'm talking about. Paint code "952", which is ruby black mica or something like that. Not the typical paint code "74" which is a straight black. When I wash it in the sun, the water changes the color of the car from black to a dark red. Its super awesome. Only seen one other XT6 with that color.

Oh I got another one. A gen 1 Kamei front spoiler. Got it from McBrat like decades ago. Never been mounted and still has the instructions with it. I hope to get another gen 1 eventually, hoping its a wagon. I know where one is:banana:

The seat belts in the back? I've yet to see one that retracted properly. I guess they weren't designed to sit outside for more than 25 years. One almost worked in our 84 brat, which doesn't have a glovebox mirror by the way.