Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Rarest Old-School Subaru Part or Option?

• 7 months later...
sorry quote of a quote didnt quite work =/

the duel carbs set up like that came from nz not aus and *none* esist, nor did they ever exist...

:grin:

Sorry you are wrong they did exist and no doubt some still do somewhere in Japan,they were listed on the factory rally options brochure that I have a copy of somewhere.

I also saw them in real life having been involved in the Original Southern Cross rally in the Port Macquarie region,an event that started originally in the coastal side of the Snowy Mountains during the sixties and continued into the mid eighties.

Real rallying day and night stages with some special stages over 200 KM of competitive for just one stage,What you enter these days Spike competition wise is a poor reflection of what rally Sport events once were.

The Southern Cross which was the first event outside of Japan for Subaru as well as most japanese teams covered on average around 4,500 KM not the piddling mileages events cover these days.

NOS SOA foglights, with switch, and the mounting template. Does that count as rare?

Yes, Nice Score!

...the duel carbs set up like that came from nz not aus and *none* esist, nor did they ever exist...

Sorry you are wrong they did exist and no doubt some still do somewhere in Japan, they were listed on the factory rally options brochure that I have a copy of somewhere.

I also saw them in real life having been involved in the Original Southern Cross rally in the Port Macquarie region,an event that started originally in the coastal side of the Snowy Mountains during the sixties and continued into the mid eighties.

Real rallying day and night stages with some special stages over 200 KM of competitive for just one stage,What you enter these days Spike competition wise is a poor reflection of what rally Sport events once were.

The Southern Cross which was the first event outside of Japan for Subaru as well as most japanese teams covered on average around 4,500 KM not the piddling mileages events cover these days.

There is a Thread with Pictures about the "SAFARI RALLY SUBARU" here:

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=126780

SafariRallySubaru.jpg

safariengine.jpg?t=1291837413

Kind Regards.

Sorry you are wrong they did exist and no doubt some still do somewhere in Japan,they were listed on the factory rally options brochure that I have a copy of somewhere.

this one coxy =P

yeah the rallies we do now are based on the sothern cross, (dad did it a couple of times) instead of stages its navigational. 300 km of competition for 100$A rather than the ones my brother does 500km transport, 200km competition and a cost of 1500$A

at least this gives us a lead, because we were told it was Aus and NZ when i chased them i was told they didnt exist and the set that did was destroyed.

I swear the more I look at that Safari twin carb pic it looks like a Turbo rig with the huffer loading into the can in the back with the hoses bringing the pressure to solid wall cans on top of the carbs.

I had the same thoughts going, I wonder if there's any more information about that?

huh, my 86 BRAT had the glove box mirror. I know it was the original dash, so maybe the glove box was changed out at some point?

I know I did the door swap on a couple. seemed that the 83+ ones didn't have as good of a paint coating on them... at least the ones I had seemed to rust more, and it was primarily older 80-82 ones I was parting out at the time that I had spare doors from....

• 2 months later...
ohh and i came across this odd little hatch once upon a time :)

87' ea81 4wd hatchback

BlueHatch002.jpg

odd grille and headlight setup.. only one i have ever seen...

and check out this dash.. even rarer i think, lol.. basic functionality

BlueHatch014.jpg

and just to prove it was an 87'

BlueHatch019.jpg

This is an "STD" hatchback. The STD's all had that grill, they were made in the early ea81 era also. The dash is the DL trim level for ea81s. All ea81 (stock) DL dashes look this way.