Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Rarest Old-School Subaru Part or Option?

• 3 months later...

Hey gang, My 83 brat that i have hadC:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Document sence 1995 has duel carbs with manual chokes.Thats perty rare isn't it? anyway i would like to get them rebuilt sometime soon.It runs good but is getting hard to start.i rebuilt one of them 10? years ago.I know ,i don't know what i was thinkin.Probley that i would do the other one soon.. anyway i have been told the re build kits are hard to come by as these are Japan only carbs. Or just install two rebuilt ones i saw on line for $200 each. But if i did that i would loose the manual choke set up. Its really tharshed and funky but i love it and plan on driving it till the body breaks in two....haha...so any ideas guys?". .Thanks,ToddC:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Document don't know if this picture will work. i forgot my password on my old sigh in thing. its under todds.might be some pictures there:banana: i dig the Banana Dance

picsay-1336234126.jpg

For those leery of hitting the red line..everything's orange red instead of white..

What model is this from? No turbo gauge but it does have center light indicator so 82-83..

it's a cluster from an '82 GL 4WD

So 82 they tried orange print instead of orange bulbs. Rare but aesthetically difficult to integrate. Great for folks not wanting to fret over where the red line is..

80-82 all had the orange gauges. not rare. you can see the line breaks up differently to show redline...

also, up thru '82, headlights did not shut off with the ignition. they were totally independent....

• 7 months later...

I seen A winch for sale on one of the sites. It had subaru instructions for installation, and from the pictures on the instructions, the winch was A real factory accessory. It was yellow and had an install kit. I didn't have the money to buy it then but I do now. It was all brand new! Anybody got one for sale????

I seen A winch for sale on one of the sites. It had subaru instructions for installation, and from the pictures on the instructions, the winch was A real factory accessory. It was yellow and had an install kit. I didn't have the money to buy it then but I do now. It was all brand new! Anybody got one for sale????

Maybe... if the price is right...

I picked up one of the yellow ones a long time ago. I have it mounted on a 2x6 with some big solenoids I added. I forget what kind of switch I put on it. I have 2 holes drilled in the 2x6, and I have 2 bolts permanently mounted on my car trailer so I can throw it on quickly and run it off a jump pack....

What brand winch is it? I was pretty sure it was not A warn. Do you have any pictures of it, how many pounds is it rated at, and how much money is the right price? Thanks, Kelly

They were and mine is a Yellow Superwinch. There is no rating on it that I could see, but I think they were only rated at 1000 or 1500 pounds.

I remember a guy who used to be on this board many years ago, found a brand new on, still in the box, with all the wiring and instructions...

I'll see if I can get some pictures of mine...

for pure usage, you can probably get a better newer one that not 30 years old :)

Here are a couple of canidates.

I`ve never seen this optional coil and igniter for ea-81s before.

Anyone know what it is?

Heavy duty transistor ignition? Capacitive discharge? Multi-spark?

Part# 457296001 for 17,500 yen if I read correctly.

Also the optional ea-81 limited slip differential.

#722040000 for 68,000 yen.

untitled9769_zpsf3e10206.jpg

531030_418151328202094_281726851_n.jpg

Any info on the rear tent option? Was it made by Subaru or a Dealer option made by another manufactuer (wenzel,camel, eurika, ect.) Was it available only at certain dealers/markets?

This is my "holy grail"..... any info on it would be great?