Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Rarest Old-School Subaru Part or Option?

YES, thats it McBrat! I would love to have A NOS winch kit, just like it. Just think, somewhere out there, A brand new one is laying in A box, in someones garage, and they could care less about it! I found A factory armrest, that mounts to the seatbelt bolts. The padding on top is in bad shape, and the chrome bars that it is built with are A little rusty. I am going to have the mounting bars re-chromed and make A new pad but I bet those armrests are rare.

I here-ya man! That looks great. It makes me even more anxious to renew mine. That is exactly like the one I have. Does it mount at A comfortable height? I am 6'1, and was hoping it would be what it is supposed to be, A armrest. It looks cool, and your mom did A great job of covering it. I wonder how rare they are? Yours is the only one I have seen in A subby, and I have looked at A lot of pictures and junkyard cars. I found mine laying in the back of A roached-out hatchback and I grabbed it and brought it home, not knowing exactly how it mounted. At first I thought it was something homemade but soon figured it out. Do you know much about how Subaru offered them?:cool:

it was an accessory that could be ordered. It was better than nothing, but I thought it could have been a little taller still...

http://www.indysworld.com/80s/general/literature/brochures/1980-acc-c.jpg

I've had a set of the sport mirrors (on that page) in the past too, plus I think I may still have one of the walnut shift knobs....

your best bet to get it a right fit, is to test fit it. I don't remember what the padding bas was now. 2x4? anyway, you could use a 4x4 as a base to get it higher, and use some really dense foam.

I hear-ya McBrat! I thought I had looked At the brochure pages close, but I keep missing things. I will have to look at them again and refresh my mind. As far as how high it rises up, I'll have to test fit it, like you said. If it is too short, I have A friend that is A top notch welder and he could extend it, before I have it rechromed. That is one accessory I want for function.

Here are a couple of canidates.

I`ve never seen this optional coil and igniter for ea-81s before.

Anyone know what it is?

Heavy duty transistor ignition? Capacitive discharge? Multi-spark?

Part# 457296001 for 17,500 yen if I read correctly.

Also the optional ea-81 limited slip differential.

#722040000 for 68,000 yen.

untitled9769_zpsf3e10206.jpg

Capacitor Discharge Ignition system must take a photo of my Brumby Engine bay to show you one installed,though I have modified mine somewhat by mounting the coil and Ignition pack in a finned aluminium coil mounting I took out of My Alfa Romeo Sprint which is also a real deluxe item as Coils and all Electronics and Electricals hate heat.

I Found More Detailed Photos of these "Sports" Steering Wheels for the Subaru Leone (Gen II and III):

92145.jpg

Right Hand Drive Subie:

64809627.jpg

Left Hand Drive Subie:

20873_2589_267844_240332985988827_100000363831115_889314_3252721_n.jpg

Beside that those Usually says: "SUBARU" on their centerpiece, this ones Has the Subaru Logo:

7525733852_cbbecff9e1_b1.jpg

Closer Look:

7525735332_fdcb3a907a_b.jpg

The "Other" centerpiece Design:

7355601130_a1b42009bf_b.jpg

I Like the Designer's Signature.

I like the steering wheel with the red subaru horn button in it, and the designer signature is cool. What brand of wheel is it? Do you have them or are those pictures you found? Thanks for the correction on the Loyale. I'll take three please! The wiper on the sedan is just co cool.:cool:

• Like 1

I like the steering wheel with the red subaru horn button in it, and the designer signature is cool. What brand of wheel is it? Do you have them or are those pictures you found? Thanks for the correction on the Loyale. I'll take three please! The wiper on the sedan is just co cool.:cool:

They are JDM Nardi steering wheels.

my 83 turbo wagon came from yakima and was said to have been 1 of 3 sold in washington. it also has the mirror in the glove box and the sun visers don't have them and it doesn't looked to be replaced so its factory. also has the wind deflector and will have a roof rack sometime.

my dads 78 gl brat came with factory brush guard, high top canopy, high top roll bar(wish i knew it was rare before it was cut down to fit my 85:o), i think the ac is factory but not sure and it has a sun roof not sure about that either.

my dads 79 dl brat came with a low profile roll bar.

he also had a 85 gl 2wd fuel injected with power everything and it was factory haven't seen another like it because of its crappy fuel injection system.

how about them having all four mud flaps?

i know a guy with a set of the 14 inch factory steelies that i want i might just have to offer him some cash next time i see him :brow:.

Good eye 6-star, I jumped over to ebay and sure enough, A used one, just like it, had A buy it now price of 94$. I also seen A new one with red stiching and black spokes for 225$. When I have that kind of money for A steering wheel, I'm going to get A Sparco Silverstone. Until then I would like to find A blue 4 spoke steering wheel from the early 80's that is NOS or mint condition.

I like the steering wheel with the red subaru horn button in it, and the designer signature is cool. What brand of wheel is it? Do you have them or are those pictures you found? Thanks for the correction on the Loyale. ...

No, I Don't own them; those are Photos I collected from the internet, to Share here with you.

Kind Regards.

Oh yeah, thats A awesome wheel! I wonder who makes an adapter to put an aftermarket steering wheel on 80's subaru's. I have A LECARRA I would love to bolt on. I bought it A long time back for A 1990 Chevrolet 454 SS truck. I like the stock wheel in the truck so I have A $200 LECARRA laying around. I would love to have it in my 1985 Hatchback.

Ain't nutin rong widt dat! I have A1985 hatchback and I am tired of the original steering wheel. I would be really happy with A early 80's four spoke. They must be rare , because I never see one for sale... Blue , if anyone has A mint condition one !

Oh yeah, thats A awesome wheel! I wonder who makes an adapter to put an aftermarket steering wheel on 80's subaru's. I have A LECARRA I would love to bolt on. I bought it A long time back for A 1990 Chevrolet 454 SS truck. I like the stock wheel in the truck so I have A $200 LECARRA laying around. I would love to have it in my 1985 Hatchback.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SUBARU-BRUMBY-SAAS-STEERING-WHEEL-ADAPTOR-BOSS-KIT-/321048426411?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4abffa37ab

There you go not sure if he posts to the USA

TOONGA

MOMO and BOSS both make one, but they're really hard to find.

• Like 1