Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Go figure, a Brat won truck/suv at the RallyX today. (photos gallore)

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#26 hatch4x4

hatch4x4

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 308 posts
  • Woodinville, WA

Posted 01 March 2004 - 05:25 AM

Yep, I'm addicted. I'd say the early subes certainly held their own today. And that baja, wow! I can't say I don't like 'em anymore :D

And whoever said they don't like Volvos, they should know that a volvo drain plug saved my rump roast today when my oil cap mysteriously didn't come along this morning for the 45 minute drive to Pacific Raceways. Thanks Matt!

I will post my pictures up later, I didn't really get any of the open class since I was too busy riding shotgun in the other cars. :rolleyes:

Anyway, outstanding performances by everybody from the board!! See you all at the next one

-- Jeff

#27 edrach

edrach

RIP 6/28/14

• Members
  • 12,326 posts
  • Bothell, WA

Posted 01 March 2004 - 09:33 AM

Give Durango Boy a break. He's not really such a bad guy. He's currently running a Toyota all-trac. He didn't do well since the car's not really prepped for rallycross. Scott was up until the wee hours of the morning fixing some last minute problems on the car just to get it there and show up and run. He still needs to fix some obvious shortcomings with the suspension but he did manage to get his four runs in okay. I had a short chat with him yesterday and he was decidedly pleasant. He seems to have taken his new perspective as rallycross chairman seriously and I think the decisions that have come out about the rules situation of last year are correct. I was surprised to see how few people from Oregon showed up for the event; Scott was one of the three I saw there.

#28 northguy

northguy

O.C.A.L. Life Member

• Members
  • 4,352 posts
  • Chugiak, AK

Posted 01 March 2004 - 10:15 AM

It appears the USMB was well-represented. Good job, guys.

#29 Mike W

Mike W

• Members
  • 704 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 01 March 2004 - 11:16 AM

Hey congrats Ken!
Yeah it must be the Brat... "it ran like it was on fire." Driven by what's inside more like.
Now you can tell your wife that all your hotroddin' around is really "training" and "rallycross practice."

#30 XSNRG

XSNRG

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 3,657 posts
  • Olympia

Posted 01 March 2004 - 11:50 PM

Yep, it was a LOT of fun!!!

A well run event, I hope they do more.

#31 XSNRG

XSNRG

• Members
  • 3,657 posts
  • Olympia

Posted 02 March 2004 - 12:13 AM

They don't fool around, results are up!

http://nwr-scca.org/...eap Results.htm

I lost 4th place to a Lancer Evolution 8, he beat me by 7/10 of a second over 3 runs, not a bad return for his $34,000 investment:-)

#32 SuperRallyRoo

SuperRallyRoo

Defundit.com

• Members
  • 1,430 posts
  • Tacoma, Wa.

Posted 02 March 2004 - 12:17 AM

WOO hoo 2nd to last out of EVERYONE!!!!! I SUCK!!!
technically I got last. Cause the last car DNFed

#33 Turbone

Turbone

The Original Rob

• 12,135 posts
  • WA

Posted 02 March 2004 - 12:27 AM

Wow, that was a great turnout. Almost 100 vehicles, and 5 Soobs in the top10.
Dominating:D

#34 edrach

edrach

RIP 6/28/14

• Members
  • 12,326 posts
  • Bothell, WA

Posted 02 March 2004 - 01:27 AM

Rob, More dominating than you thought----actually 6 Subes in the top 10! Including Ken's Brat.....good job Ken. I guess you're really hooked now!
Eric, you did great in 5th in a box stock Impreza; too bad the announcer couldn't find the time to broadcast your time on any of your runs, but I could tell you were going fast...so smooth; great to watch. Funny how they couldn't spell your name right either. I bet you were running stock tires too; wouldn't that put you in PGT?

#35 Turbone

Turbone

The Original Rob

• 12,135 posts
  • WA

Posted 02 March 2004 - 01:32 AM

DOH! How could I miss that? Man, I'm gonna catch heck now:eek:

#36 ezapar

ezapar

[OWB]

• 27,131 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 02 March 2004 - 01:38 AM

Guess I didn't make #4, I'll settle for #5. . . Even if they can't spell my name right ever. Can't say it's that bad getting beat by rally cars by only a couple of seconds. :D

That was Sean from Rallitek's Baha by the way. He let me drive it, I let him drive my impreza.

Where's that video and those pics Ken? (He's got the hsi, I'll let him upload it all.)

#37 josh long

josh long

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Tacoma, WA.

Posted 02 March 2004 - 03:14 AM

This was SUPER fun!

Ken was smoking! Consistant and smooth. Although he seemed more intrested in how it sounded than his runs:D. There was a time that I thought I was stuckin Groundhogs Day the movie the yellow bumble bee...... Jeff was representing in my old Justy. I had a great time The Galant ran well although street tires were not the Hotline in the open class. The course was junk after our 1st run. The only bummer was my buddie blew the right front tire off the wheel, on the back sweeper.

Josh

#38 subaru_styles

subaru_styles

the 1st RX wagon!

• Members
  • 1,696 posts
  • OMGhi2U in da couve

Posted 02 March 2004 - 04:31 AM

hey this weekend in bend i saw a 90-92 white turbo legacy sedan with wash. plates and full roll cage inside.....figured whoever that was.......... was at the rally X

#39 calebz

calebz

Andys Coupe killed my cat

• Administrator
  • 7,547 posts
  • Tacoma

Posted 02 March 2004 - 09:40 AM

Hey Eric,.

The results say you were driving a 2004 Subaru Brat! Where have you been hiding this wonder?:D

#40 edrach

edrach

RIP 6/28/14

• Members
  • 12,326 posts
  • Bothell, WA

Posted 02 March 2004 - 09:48 AM

That was the rallitek baja. Eric got to drive it as well as his own car. Way too cool. Check back on the photos for the pics of Ken's Brat next to the black Baja.

#41 calebz

calebz

Andys Coupe killed my cat

• Administrator
  • 7,547 posts
  • Tacoma

Posted 02 March 2004 - 09:49 AM

Yeah, i know it was the Rallitek Baja.. I just though it was funny that for Zap's runs, it was listed as a brat.

#42 edrach

edrach

RIP 6/28/14

• Members
  • 12,326 posts
  • Bothell, WA

Posted 02 March 2004 - 10:56 AM

Apparently the organizer's couldn't tell the difference. It is funny though.

#43 Qman

Qman

Happiness is... no lag!!

• 11,119 posts
  • Sumner

Posted 02 March 2004 - 11:19 AM

Sorry for the delay. I am having some problems with the video. The pics are posted.

Posted Image

Pics

Use lo-tech slide show for the best results. Some are sequence shots and will look better that way.

#44 XSNRG

XSNRG

• Members
  • 3,657 posts
  • Olympia

Posted 03 March 2004 - 11:52 PM

When the announcer was talking about Eric he said "I'm not even going to try at that last name!"

They listed my name on the results as "Mike" DUH! that my brother! He wasn't there.

Anybody know when the next one is?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users