Ultimate Subaru Message Board

lift kit install

Crawlerdan

ok guys- i have three sets of spacers in my hands now- i need to move them

one set has a blemish, but is still structurally perfect- ill let that set go for 120.00 shipped

the other two sets are 149.99

remember- prices after this run will likey go up:banana:

outback/forester struts are the same, forester springs however offer a slightly higher spring rate

There are some real differences Forrester v. OUtback struts, springs, and tophats.

Outback struts are 3/4 inch longer from bottom to spring perch.

Putting Forrester struts alone on a Legacy will result in saggy rear end. You need Forrester tophats (taller) or just go with Outback struts.

Best recipe is for even a bit more lift, 96-99 Outback struts, Outback springs. Forrester Tophats.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

I made my own this weekend...even had the kids help by sanding the burrs off. Total cost with hardware was $36. Wish I would have seen this sooner though. I would have gladly paid the extra just to be able to bolt something on versus 4 hrs of fab time, HDPE shavings everywhere, and smashing my hand a couple of times while drilling the center hole before I got smart and made a jig.:banghead:

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...