Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Pride in my ride !!! The snow shark rules !!!

Kiss my frikkin rear bumper you Hummer drivin' muthuh !!!!

Wait untill you guys see the news of this latest storm up here. Then realize that my '78 4WD wagon just bit and tore its way through the .....wait I've gotta go tow my boss back into the parking lot ... oh this is frikkin GREAT !

be right back......

oh its happening .... but gad dangit I left the tow strap in the other wagon.....:-p

Well , I went to help the boss with the shovel that I did manage to bring. Bobcat from the snow removal contractor got him actually out of the bank and back into the track where he was able to finally be cut loose and drive back into the parking lot.

Meanwhile , the SNOW SHARK , PICTURED HERE IN SUNNIER TIMES

picture.php?albumid=11&pictureid=52

...drove like nobody's business , all around and back to safety. :D:headbang::clap:

It's a total white out situation here. Snow , wind , wicked flippin crazy!!!

One of the best storms ever as far as I'm concerned.

We're not allowed to have cameras here although I did have the iPod , but didn't whip it out. Perhaps I'll do some shooting on the way out of work and post later. I'm staying here and making money. Certainly going to be declared a State of Emergency today. Highways closed ,etc.....

It's really bad out - or good if you've got balls and 4WD. :-p:brow:

I'm so giddy right now I've got to stop and come back later.

Cheers from the SNOW SHARK !!!!!!! :headbang: :cool:

And isn't it funny how you can spot the Jeep/Subaru/Toyota p/u owners whenever it snows? Just look for the exuberant glow. It still feels like it did when when I was a kid, and my school's name rolled down the screen at 6:30 in the morning. Bombin' down the "steep hill" on radio-flyer at 6:45.

And isn't it funny how you can spot the Jeep/Subaru/Toyota p/u owners whenever it snows? Just look for the exuberant glow. It still feels like it did when when I was a kid, and my school's name rolled down the screen at 6:30 in the morning. Bombin' down the "steep hill" on radio-flyer at 6:45.

You got it !!!!!!!!!! :headbang: Thanks for your putting it so perfectly into words.

...and I'm just a lucky guy because this car had an original owner that had must have had the car repo'd or somehow had to give it up early. It was re-sold "as is" at only 2 years old by a stinkin' Chevy dealer in Westport CT , then went through another owner I'm not sure who , but then was sitting in a garage where two tradesmen found it and made the offer ... then it went from the first guy to the other guy - 1st a carpenter - 2nd a painter who lives around the corner from me.....

I'd seen it one day while driving my wife home from the train station and pulled over in this not so great neighborhood , left her in the car while I went to all the businesses on the 4 corners -laundramat , package (liquor) store , and whatever other little "bodega" , asking away but finally found the guy in the fish market. He was very cool and took my number and info for "THAT DAY".

Turns out he's also Italian and also a member of my the same yacht club my friend is a member of ....and he lives around the corner!! How I never saw it parked there I'll never know but once I made the connection I'd see it all the time. Every once in awhile I'd run into him and ask "Franco , you're gonna call me when you go to sell it , right? To which he'd reply "Yes , I'ma gonna call you , butta I ah needah to use eet for a leetlte more-ah" ...."ahhh si , si ,e grazie ,Franco! Ciao !!"

There's another small chapter in between that is related bu I'll make it short here for American attention spans .... He finally called me like 2 days after I'd talked my wife into my getting a 32K 1976 DL automatic 1600 sedan , which now resides in a dealership in Sweden!! Luckily she said , "aww go ahead , I know you love that car."

And the love is as stong as ever today.

Gotta fly ...thanks for the appreciation!!

And Jon (backwoodsy), you gotta use these these things , you know that. :headbang: I can still find them out west if need be.

Cheers! and Rinse thoroughly !! :clap:

Isn't there a large portion of your country under water at the moment?

Fair point. 3/4 of Queensland (thats roughly the size of texas), and a quarter of Victoria.

I am in Melbourne though and all is OK here. We are all rallying and donating for the victims Oz wide but.

Fair point. 3/4 of Queensland (thats roughly the size of texas), and a quarter of Victoria.

I am in Melbourne though and all is OK here. We are all rallying and donating for the victims Oz wide but.

Ive been wondering how Jeff at Crossbred Performance is doing.

• 2 weeks later...