Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1978 subaru brat

Don't know what exactly you are looking for, but $2500 for a 32 year old car is a little bit much to me.

You can do better

O.

please find me a car with less than 150,000 miles has 4 wheel drive and can hall a dirtbike. i dont want a dakota, ford ranger, or s10 so it comes to a tacoma and there ridiculous in price at least in new england unless the frame is rotted through and then its junk anyway. or this brat. got $3000.00 to spend what do you got im open. besides id be the only one in the county with a brat

Find an 88 GL wagon, rip off roof behind the front main piller taking with it the glass, rear seats and rear hatch, reinforce cabin area behind seats with channel steel, you now have an open bed with a roll bar just behind the front seats, tarp off behind the seats (add plastic viewing window in the middle) or better and more commonly done is to take previously removed rear wagon hatch and weld it in right behind the drivers/passengers seats, fill gaps by trimming thin sheets of metal and welding in, weld back door gap closed and blend in (don't need back doors anymore) weld new supports for rear tail lights, lay down aluminum diamond platting on bed floor, smooth all the sharp edges, coat exposed surfaces with Rhino-in-a-can bed liner or what ever, paint exterior with 7 cans of black rattle can paint and add painted flames around hood... shoot twice with shot gun for that special (keep your freaking hands off my ride) and put some tow hooks in open bed area with some ugly welds, throw boards in back for a ramp and tie down bike, .... $1,100. and that is probably a bit high if you find one that... kind of runs.

A lift would be that much cooler but not required...

You need to see Subaruguru or The beast I drive ... it seemed to work fine for them. :Flame:

Edited by Indrid cold