Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Outback- Front Bumper Sag Phenomenon

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Atomic Robot

Atomic Robot

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 182 posts
  • Solon

Posted 01 March 2004 - 12:42 PM

I did a board search and didn't get any hits, so I'm going to throw this out there...

Has anybody else noticed this? Just about every Outback I see (mine included) has a noticable front bumper sag for lack of a better term. This usually seems to be most evident on the passenger side where the bumper sections (are supposed to) come together.

Can the plastic sections be re-aligned without too much difficulty? Or should I just get one of those front-end bras (like you didn't see that one coming):rolleyes: for support.

Stupid pun, but serious question.

#2 frag

frag

Soob shade tree mechanic

• Members
  • 1,777 posts
  • Montréal, Québec, Can.

Posted 01 March 2004 - 03:37 PM

Maybe you could try injecting some silicone first ? :o

#3 Evanism

Evanism

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Amsterdam, NY

Posted 01 March 2004 - 09:24 PM

Before my new suby, I had a Mystique. I remember a problem with some Ford Contours/ Mercury Mystiques, where the rear bumpers sagged. Here's a link to their solution.

http://www.contour.o...bs&displayid=14

#4 hawksoob

hawksoob

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 205 posts
  • Atlanta

Posted 01 March 2004 - 09:56 PM

Got it. Back, too.

:(

#5 Atomic Robot

Atomic Robot

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 182 posts
  • Solon

Posted 02 March 2004 - 09:33 AM

Originally posted by Evanism
Before my new suby, I had a Mystique. I remember a problem with some Ford Contours/ Mercury Mystiques, where the rear bumpers sagged. Here's a link to their solution.

http://www.contour.o...bs&displayid=14

Thanks for the link! Once it warms up a bit, I'm gonna climb up underneath and see if this might work for the Outback.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users