Ultimate Subaru Message Board

along the way(updated road trip itenerary)

As you may already know there is a ROAD trip planned for march 19-thru the following week. the journey will take i90 west and us2 on the way back. from indiana to idaho.

there will be a camera on board to film the action. if anyone would like us to stop by SPEAK UP NOW, so we can fit it into the itenerary.

email me with addys and phone no's

milesfox@yahoo.com

here is the itenerary so far, from the atlas:

on the way out from butler, IN:

US6 west to westville, IN 114 mi

Westville IN421 south to us30 west(wanatah, in) 6 mi

wanatah us30 west to i-88 west, new lennox, IL 54 mi

New lenox i-80 west to Lasalle, IL i-39 north 60 mi

Lasalle IL to beloit, WI exit 185 82 mi

Beloit, WI i-39 north to 90/94 west exit 84/108 83 mi:

90/94 west to Tomah, WI i-90 west 62 mi

Tomah, WI 90 w to lacrosse, WI(broken axle) 45 mi

Lacrosse to Sioux Falls SD, 90 w 295 mi

Sioux Falls, SD, to wyoming line 363 mi

Wyoming line to montana line 363 mi

Montana line to Billings, MT 101 mi

Billinmgs to Boseman, MT 148 mi

Boseman to Butte, MT 79 mi

Butte to MISSOULA, MT 120 mi

from there we will take us93 north thru calispell, then us2 to TROY, MT, where i well be met by my car(not going to idaho!)

total trip out will be roughly 2037 miles (based on going to bonners ferry, id, troy is 30 miles before

RETURN TRIP: us routeee 2 ll the way home

Idaho/montana line to calispell, MT 123 mi

Calispell MT to Shelby MT us route 2 158

shelby to wolf point us2 313 mi

Wolf Point MT to ND line 71 mi

ND lione to Williston ND 15 mi

Williston ND to Grand Forks ND 341 mi

Grand Forks ND to Duluth MN 248 mi

Duluth MN, to Ironwood WI 103 mi

Ironwood WI to Mackinac Bridge, MI 299 mi

Mackinack Bridge i-75 south to exit 249, to us 127 south 103 mi

us 127 south to lansing MI, i-69 120 mi

Lansing Mi to indiana line 96 mi

IN line to waterloo, in us6 east 24 mi

waterloo to butler 14 mi

return trip miles: 2044

this is whats written down as which way we go. where we stop will depend on how we pace ourselves.

anyone who is near our route, i can modify toe itenerary to accomodate deviations

Hold tight, everyone. We're T-minus TEN DAYS and counting. If you want in on this grand adventure, speak up now!

I'm rounding up last-minute supplies. If anyone on the trip itinerary has junky camcorders they wish to contribute to the cause, or lapel/lavalier microphones, Soob parts, road food, gasoline cards, or general karmic goodwill, please make it known to us.

How excited am I about this? I'm not sleeping well. Other demands in my life are being neglected. Yet I remain cool and confident, secure in the knowledge that this will just absolutely totally ROCK, no matter what lurks in wait for us in the mysterious and bewildering unknown!

-Tim Hansen

[the filmmaker]

i am kind of thinking that on the way back, since we will be stopping in minnesota and south dakota, that we may deviate the ame route back, but through iowa, illinois, depending on how we stretch our money, we have a full week and a weekend to do all this

cool, if you are in that area., get ahold of mt smiths and MSSLGECKO, so we can all meet at once, be more convenient, and you will get a chance to peep the ol' TRASHWAGON

pm or email me with the specifics as they come

i predict i will be there sunday morning, no lter than sunday eve/mon morning, depending on our stops along the way, and if we decide our stops to be met on the way back instead, we may be there saturday evening

well, anyway, that is my estimation of when to be there. we can make a stop in missoula, call everyone, and go from there.....

Originally posted by snotrocket

How would the rest of us send donations? AKA money?

Paypal?

po.box 333 Depot st. Butler, IN 46721 ATTN SUBARU ALLIANCE

make payable to DONALD CANFIELD

if you chose to donate. thats up to you if you wish. i wont ask for any amount, but anything sent will be appreciated

i will be coming back thru IOWA, and i am setting up meets there, so that mean im coming thru wyoming and nebraska as well

Also, due to the recent chicanes in public discourse around here, this thread will probably become the central discussion of the upcoming Miles Fox road trip and documentary on the USMB. One week from tomorrow, ladies and gentlemen, one week from tomorrow!

-Tim Hansen

run and hide, lock your doors

we will be stopping off in the minneapolis area. we plan to be there 12hrs from when we depart. we plan to leave early in the morning as possible.

from there we will sake some side routes back to the highway, closer to soux falls SD.

our longest hauls are going to be South Dakota and Wyoming. we will make a flat out run, rotating drivers and sleep.

i figure it will be a full day's driving from soux falls to montana.

if this all plays out right, we will be ready to meet my car on sunday morning

The NORTHERN rout we will dismiss, we will backtrack to wyoming, and cut south to i 80 thru NEBRASKA, IOWA. we will be making some stops along the way in iowa.

from what it looks western nebraska is pretty much desolate.

I wish you had been around in September when I broke down about 30 miles south of Missoula, heh.

Originally posted by suba

if you need anything around the missoula area lemme know, i'm 40 mins south. good luck and enjoy!