Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

possible new truck...opinions please

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 brumby420

brumby420

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 182 posts
  • Athol Idaho

Posted 03 February 2011 - 08:12 PM

It is a 1983 chevy truck. it has 1/2 ton rockwell axels, 350 goodwrench motor, and a th350 transmission. runs good and everything and no mechanical issues to the best of my knowledge. It has a lot of dents everywhere though little to no rust on it. Also it has a 4 inch lift. could eventually use new tires but they still get around decent. my computer is being weird but i should be able to get up some pics fairly soon.

#2 brumby420

brumby420

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 182 posts
  • Athol Idaho

Posted 03 February 2011 - 08:13 PM

here is a pic.

Attached Files

#3 Twitch de la Brat

Twitch de la Brat

Village Psycho

• Members
  • 1,623 posts
  • The Athol of Idaho

Posted 03 February 2011 - 11:36 PM

Gopher it!

Sounds like a good idea.

Twitch

#4 NoahDL88

NoahDL88

Elite Master of Cookies

• Members
  • 4,264 posts
  • Everett, WA, USA

Posted 03 February 2011 - 11:49 PM

Wait for GD to chime in, he's been driving an old chev for a while and can tell you the good, the bad and the ugly with those.

The 350/350 combo is pretty solid, and if you've got the better axles the weak link is already fixed.

#5 Scott in Bellingham

Scott in Bellingham

Lets go wheelin!!

• Members
  • 3,627 posts
  • Bellingham

Posted 03 February 2011 - 11:52 PM

I have a 81 chev 1/2 ton 350/350 4x4 will pull or haul anything, terrible gas mileage and mine has a quadrajet that emptys its bowl overnight , so I need a holley or a rebuild kit

#6 brumby420

brumby420

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 182 posts
  • Athol Idaho

Posted 04 February 2011 - 12:21 AM

yes im not sure what kind of carb it has in it yet. does anybody know much about the gm goodwrench motor? from what ive heard its a fairly bone stock crate motor but is still pretty reliable. the motor has about 20,000 miles on it from waht the guy said.

#7 VaporTrail

VaporTrail

Brattitude Adjustment

• Administrator
  • 11,157 posts
  • Central Iowa

Posted 04 February 2011 - 10:12 AM

yes im not sure what kind of carb it has in it yet. does anybody know much about the gm goodwrench motor? from what ive heard its a fairly bone stock crate motor but is still pretty reliable. the motor has about 20,000 miles on it from waht the guy said.

I just put a GM Goodwrench basic crate in my '72 Chevy last year. it's got a 3 year/100k mile warranty.... should be plenty reliable...

sure it's not just a Rockwell transfer case (normally with a MT) ... with GM corp axles? (6 lug)

or does it have the 2.5 ton Rockwell axles (8 lug or BIG 6 lug)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users