Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

subaru justy

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 brumby420

brumby420

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 182 posts
  • Athol Idaho

Posted 05 February 2011 - 03:33 PM

So a friend of mine just got a subaru justy for the great price of nothing. We dont know little if anything about it as we havent even seen it yet but they did say it will work fine with with a little work (been sitting for a while) and possibly a clutch. Now i know as of now theres no way of knowing much about it but what i was mainly looking for is a little info on the car. Are there any specific failure points they have? I know it has that 3 cylinder motor as well but i dont know much about it. Again i will fill in more answers once i know them but for now i am just looking for facts and possible problems that may need addressed. it is going to be picked up tomorrow with any luck.

#2 ferox

ferox

King of the Echo People

• Members
  • 820 posts
  • Portland, Oregon

Posted 06 February 2011 - 07:44 PM

Are there any specific failure points they have?

They develop weak oil pressure, and can throw rods. If it has over 100,000 miles then it may be a candidate for a rebuild. Most of the Justy odometers only had 5-digits, a testament to their design life I suppose, so you have to judge the car by condition. Rod knock is usually pretty apparent before they let loose, but you might want to look at the bottom end to see what you've got.

#3 bheinen74

bheinen74

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • central Iowa

Posted 06 February 2011 - 07:46 PM

Great price.
:)
cheers.
Is it fwd or 4wd model?
The CVT trans is junk -better hope they were right that it needs a clutch, that means its a manual, dodged a bullet already

#4 brumby420

brumby420

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 182 posts
  • Athol Idaho

Posted 06 February 2011 - 10:01 PM

im actually not sure if its 4wd yet. Unfortunately we couldn't get it today so it will likely have to wait until next week. ive heard of various engine changes but im not sure about that. Do you know of any engines that can easily be adapted to go in there? Also was the 1,000cc motor in the justy actually made by subaru or was it just used by them and built by another company? Thanks for the help.

#5 ferox

ferox

King of the Echo People

• Members
  • 820 posts
  • Portland, Oregon

Posted 07 February 2011 - 04:41 PM

The CVT trans is junk

Not True

#6 ferox

ferox

King of the Echo People

• Members
  • 820 posts
  • Portland, Oregon

Posted 07 February 2011 - 04:47 PM

Do you know of any engines that can easily be adapted to go in there?.

Unfortunately no.

Also was the 1,000cc motor in the justy actually made by subaru or was it just used by them and built by another company?

All the Justy's in the US were all Subaru. The 1.0 liter was not available in the US, but I think it was Subaru-made up until 1994. After '94 the Justy was no longer sold in the US and the Justy became a rebadged Suzuki Swift.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users