Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Something Unusual (1958 Goliath)

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#26 Whoosh

Whoosh

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • NZ

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:50 PM

I have just bought a reeeeally rusty example with no motor but lots of other parts if you need (including 2 full sets of glass) but I am after a better set of tail-lights or 2 hubcaps with the 'G' logo if you know of any

#27 rwacheson

rwacheson

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Sunnyvale, CA

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:31 PM

Thanks so much for posting the pictures. I drove one of these (canvas sunroof and all) while in high school in the late '60's. Little known fact: 2 people in front, 2 in the back seat and 2 in the rear area will cause the front wheels to "float" a little while driving. Had a bunch of fun with what has been the ugliest car I ever owned.

Again, thanks for the (revival of) memories!

Bob

#28 1982gl4

1982gl4

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,330 posts
  • Worcester, VT

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:01 PM

Thanks so much for posting the pictures. I drove one of these (canvas sunroof and all) while in high school in the late '60's. Little known fact: 2 people in front, 2 in the back seat and 2 in the rear area will cause the front wheels to "float" a little while driving. Had a bunch of fun with what has been the ugliest car I ever owned.

Again, thanks for the (revival of) memories!

Bob

Glad to hear from another owner. Pretty cool yours had the sliding roof as well. It seems to be a very rare options on top of an already rare car. I wish I had mine together enough to experience it. I have yet to start work on this besides pulling an engine apart, I have too many subaru projects going right now to start on this. Hopefully this summer I'll have a bit of time to dig it out of it's shed and work on it again. It would be nice to have it running and stopping again!

#29 rwacheson

rwacheson

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Sunnyvale, CA

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:52 AM

Good luck on the work. I remember using VW parts for repairs (specifically, I remember using a VW clutch plate, identical to what was in there, and I seem to remember(?) that the engine innards could use VW as well. I also recall persistent cooling problems. But it was a fun car to drive.

#30 Legacy RallyGuy

Legacy RallyGuy

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Dublin, Ireland

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:52 AM

Some unique stuff there.
Like how the cooling fan is run by the generator.
The transverse leaf suspension is the same as the old Opel Kadetts.

AND... like the much newer than this- Corvettes! :P

It's a great way to reduce unsprung weight, making lots of room for inboard brakes, etc.. :)

And yes, very cool little car!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users