Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Check Engine Light is out! Woo Hoo

Your meter may be SLIGHTLY out of calibration, but it's not unusual to see a digital meter read something other than infinity. Maybe you have high humidity and there's a little conductivity in the air? And on the staying at 0 ohms after taking the leads apart - do you have some sort of latching function that shows what the lowest ohm reading reached is? Those Flukes are awesome units, and have a lot of features my Craftsman meter doesn't.

dude I had the same fluke meter as you, and it did the same kind of things as yours. Mines like 10yrs old and it finally went screwy. My voltage readings are incorrect and ohms readings jump around from 0 to OL (unmeasurably large resistance/open circuit). You could fling that thing onto the concrete and it wouldn't be fazed. My dad just got a newer fluke 77 and he accidentally drove over it with the car, with no damage to the meter (except tire marks) Those flukes are very well built, very accurate, but expensive (my dads 77 cost over $200)

Yes used a different meter

Got a good EGR Solenoid from the JY

Tested my Purge Solenoid and it was fine.

Cleaned contacts and hooked everything back up.

After the Purge Solenoids heats up it shorts though.

Will need to be replaced

Thanks all for your help

--GoatBoy--