Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Source for dash bulbs on my 85 Brat, specifically the "indicator" area

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 North Ursalia

North Ursalia

aka Captain Morgan

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • Margaritaville

Posted 02 March 2004 - 03:58 PM

I'm looking for replacement bulbs for the indicator area (like door ajar and such- all the way over on the right) on the dash cluster for my 85 Brat GL. The bulbs are small and in a rubber housing (brown in this case) that push over pins on the PCB. The bulb seats say "Toshiba 5001" on them, and Subaru of America has not a single one in any of the warehouses. I removed the bulb from the rubber base, but there isn't a single number on the bulb itself. Anyone find a source for a replacement for these bulbs? Any help would be most appreciated!

#2 Sweet82

Sweet82

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 3,266 posts
  • Salt Lake City

Posted 02 March 2004 - 04:03 PM

Have you tried the Junkyard?

They are always a great source for those little hard to find items!

#3 North Ursalia

North Ursalia

aka Captain Morgan

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • Margaritaville

Posted 02 March 2004 - 04:10 PM

I actually have all the bulbs (I only think one is burnt out) but I took the whole dash cluster apart to clean it, and I am replacing all the bulbs at this time so I will likely never have to do it again. I want to get brand new bulbs if possible :).

#4 ShawnW

ShawnW

Subaru Master Technician

• Administrator
  • 12,941 posts
  • Denver, Colorado

Posted 02 March 2004 - 06:33 PM

Id try taking one of the bulbs to radio shack. The new gen people have had good luck with bulbs from there.

#5 PHATBRAT

PHATBRAT

Subaru Lover

• Members
  • 2,626 posts
  • Mt Holly, NJ

Posted 02 March 2004 - 11:03 PM

Aren't they just regular peanut bulbs? If so, check autozone, napa, abc, or one of the other places.

#6 North Ursalia

North Ursalia

aka Captain Morgan

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • Margaritaville

Posted 03 March 2004 - 01:51 AM

Well, yes and no. They are probably very generic bulbs when you get right down to it and pull them out of the holders. This is the section I am speaking of BTW:

Posted Image

And this is the bulb inside the rubber socket:
Posted Image

Shawn- thanks for the heads-up; I'll be hitting up Radio Shack tomorrow, and I'll post a bulb number should I come up with one :).

#7 North Ursalia

North Ursalia

aka Captain Morgan

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • Margaritaville

Posted 03 March 2004 - 01:09 PM

Radio Shack was a bust. I did find however that the heater control bulbs (72351AC061) from the later model cars will work. You have to remove them from their bases and pull the green color condom off of them, but they will work. It's nice having slow days at the shop where you can just play with Subaru's parts and see what will fit :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users