Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Subaru Dis from an EJ engine....on the EA82

I was thinking about using a DIS system from an EJ engine....on the EA82 ofcourse.

Lets start this new performance discussion shall we?

How hard will it be? Will i have to rewire the whole car? will the stock EJ22 DIS system just bolt on and work? How do I install such and thing and make it talk to the stock ECU, and for them to work with each other and not conflict at 80 mph and just quit?

Blah blah blah....more Q's...

lots of fab work.

DIS is great but it requires a cam and a crank sensor usually. not shure what the signal differance is but that would be a issue. you would need the ej22 ECM and a custom cam sensor mabey a crank sensor too. this also puts you in a predicament with fuel control. an aftermarket ecm would be your best bet.

to sum it up its not feasable with out lots of enginering, machining, cashola$$$. not worth the benifits.

hey go look up "megajolt" on google i thinkthat might be what you want i was considering doing the same thing but just don't the money right now

it is cheaper than most of the otehr dis systems and you get most of the stuff rom a junkyard

its where i got most of the stuff for otehr people who needed the parts

hit me a email if you need help

by the way are you handy with a soldering iron?

:)

oh yes it CAN be done. I helped put a dis system on a rabbit once. but it did not have any provisions for advancing timing and it still used the distributor as a cam/crank sensor.

we pulled it off and hooked up a good stock system.

if you find a system make sure about timing control that was the big killer we had run into. it also was a carbed car so fuel control was not a issue. you need to consider that too. by all means go for it. have fun.

straight aftermarket is what you need, with a maP sensor, and a GM coil pack for 4 cylinders. and a megasquirt system.

the ej systems, at least theones i know about, dont have any adjustment of the timing. look into the isuzu impulse rs, it used the gm map and the coil pack, along with a cas, and it made 160 hp out of a 1.6, on 5-6 lbs. reel good computer, that can adjust to injectors or anything, up to around 16 lbs.

but, it all seems kinda useless, you might as well just stick the whole ej22 in there, there is nothing that will bolt up, at all.