Ultimate Subaru Message Board

legacy impreza cv joint interchangable?

Dave, can you also check the range on legacy frive shafts? I ahve a 92, it looks like the 96's will fit too. can you confirm (or deny)

How are you doing anyway? How was the snow? I found a '93 legacy in a yard with little rust, and got only one axcel. It has been rebuilt once and needs boots, and I also got a caliper all for pretty cheap. I couldn't get the roll pins out of the 96 because of a lacking of tools and extensions, and winter green penatrating oil. And I don't have a blow torch. (we need a smily face with gogles and a blow torch)

Richard,

Here's a link to CVAxles.com: http://cvaxles.com/ .

The numbers are different, as you can see.

I called United, couldn't get a straight answer.

The skiing's been wonderful here, a good dump just about every weekend. That season pass at Mt. Rose is getting a real workout!

Looks like being thousands of miles away from your tools hasn't changed you much. Quick question, is your car right hand drive?

• 7 months later...

yes dave, and ooops for so long, its right hand drive. Hte dealer thinks itsd grey market (from japan) and there is a dude in town with the full blown twin turbo 280 hp legacy also from japan. makes me miss my red wagon which I think had just a hair more power than the legacy but it could be that the wqagon was so slow (ea81 to ea81t with teh turbo form the ea82) that the t made a huge huge difference. still the legacy mustered 130 mph on a long trip from bath to newcastle (secluded section) the british are really consious of the age of cars so I got a dirty look form the new 911 that had to get out of the way of the 1992 legacy. it was way cheaper than california too, £500 about $800 in funny money. but it hurts on fuel as it costs $5.00 a gallon here and the thing gets only slightley better gas millage than my 63 valient with a 4bbl.