Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Just joined old skool family

Hi all,

just bought a used '92 Loyale w 207k miles and i cant wait to turn it into a winter mtn/ desert vehicle. Just wanna say HI and im glad i found this forum for very useful info.

The wagon is clean inside/ out for 19yrs old. Only thing not workin was the clock n rear driver side window. Gonnna remove engine

n replace all seLs n gaskets. Lookin forward on learning more bout the EA82 and its capabilities.

IMG_7055.JPG

Welcome oldschool!

this car is simple to maintain, sometimes tedious, but easy to do.

auto or stick?

your car is compatible with any 85-94 of the same body style for suspension, trans, and body. the sedan and 3door have the same fender, hood, frontend as the wagon.

your car if not turbo is an SPFI engine, plug and play from any back to 88

If the rear main is not leaking, you could let it go, but if you service it, be meticulus with the install, and so some searching about rear main seal, as a bad installation can cause it to leak or pop out. There may be a groove on the crank, but you can set the seal somewhwere past it. Do not bottom out the seal, it should be flush with the crankcase.

beware the rust, it likes to form in the rear rocker sills behind the mudflaps, behind the rear of the front fenders, and the framerails under the font, and the rear quarters. if you powerwash the car, open the doors and spray into the fender from the front door, and spray out the bottom of the doors to clean the little drain holes and dirt from the rubber seal.

I wish you another 100,000 miles!

Wow!! i didnt know all body parts were interchangeable..thanks Miles for all the info on the ride..i was at ecology yesterday and saw couple older models but was hesitant to pick up parts bcuz i didnt know if they would work..well, now i know.

mine is a 5sp w/ the 4wd button on the stick