Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Anyone heard of The Vermonster ??

Big 4wd event in Bradford VT every May and Sept..granted it's mostly (well 99%) Jeeps and other big vehicles but last event during the tough truck comp,someone had a little Justy that they ran..(some reason i missed it but i heard it caught air..) pics of the justy are in this link (page 1 i think)

http://www.3778photography.com/VERMONSTER/September-2010/Vermonster-09-26-10-Tuff/13965874_aZyeb

WWW.vermonster4x4.com

I'll be going this may and will be there for both days (friend runs his Bronco II in the Trench),I'll probably be in the Pits most of the two days but it'd be cool to meet anyone here that attends..I'll be driving a Soob by then so no running the Trench like i wanted to with the Jeep..

btw,remind me again..is there something that happens here on the East coast that's similar to WCSS ?

Edited by subie94

1026358688_RrddN-M.jpg

:lol::banana: Air's to ya !!:drunk:

We do have the Carlisle Import Kit/Replicar Show third weekend in May every year. We peaked at about 30 vehicles one year but we've tapered off since. I'm there about every other year give or take. Good chance I'll be there this year. It's a huge event for Imported classics and imports in general. You can enter a judged field if you want to or just hang in the non judged general mass - which we all do.

For off roading there's a few little spots here and there. Hoping one of you guys up there turns us on to a spot where you don't get shot at or police show up ,etc ...

We do hit the Pine Barrens of south Jersey. No real lift required , mosrlt sandy trails and some water crossings , you can go in a standard issue 4wd or even FWD if you stay out of the really soft stuff.

Far eastern CT and western RI there's a spot where nobody seems to get bothered. I haven't gotten there yet but one of us here has. Looks like lift required - more true dirt and rocks. South Jersey is flat , this area isn't.

Gonna be a horror story of Mud Season up there this year , or at least down here it will be. There's also a huge Mud Meet in Maine - can't recall the name but its fairly generic like MudFest ... something like that.

Have fun! Hope to run into you some day. We're trying to plan a day/weekend trip to our friend's place in Grafton VT. Stocked trout pond on their property with a monster that was released a couple of times now. Hoping to hook that sucker , or my son or daughter hook it better yet. Could see us in May , who knows.....

Cheers!