Ultimate Subaru Message Board

79' BRAT dash help

I realize no that the Blue dashboard is elusive so i don't know if i want to bother asking for it.. but i will any way :lol:

Does anyone know where i can find a blue Dash for a 79' BRAT ???

now for the real reason i started this post...

I'm trying to remove the current dash so i can clean the vents and check the heater/ fan console but i can't figure out how to do it.

I'm guessing there are more bolts needing to be removed than the 3 on top of the dash... please anyone that has experience in removing a gen 1 brat dash i could use you help. Thanks

There are 3 more under the dash in the front Maybe 4. Been a while since I had mine out. One on each end of the dash. Just look underneath on the kick panel sides and there is 1 on each side. There is 1 right next to the heater box on the drivers side. There may be one on the passenger side of the heater box but I don't think there is. After that just unplug your instrument cluster need to take off the bezel around the heater controls and unplug some other wires and undo your duct work and that is pretty much it. Pretty easy to do. Might want to drop your steering column, It is only held in by 1 bolt. You may be able to avoid that. Hope that helps.

Richard