Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

What is this?????

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Naked Buell

Naked Buell

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Evans, WA

Posted 28 February 2011 - 06:46 PM

So I am transferring the EA 81 into the RX and on my Brat I had this; what looks to be a resistor I believe, connected to my coil. Does anybody know what this is and how it hooks to the dist.????? Thanks

#2 monstaru

monstaru

wow, relevance....

• Members
  • 4,402 posts
  • OlyWa

Posted 28 February 2011 - 07:16 PM

looks like a condenser?don't think i ever ran one....the wires were always shot on the ones i have had.hopefully someone speaks up...bump cheers, b

Edited by monstaru, 28 February 2011 - 07:18 PM.

#3 MilesFox

MilesFox

Catch this Fox!

• Members
  • 10,486 posts
  • Madison/Milwaukee, WI

Posted 28 February 2011 - 07:57 PM

its a noise canceller for the radiao, to prevent humming. one end goes to positive, the other end grounds to body. you can remove it if you like, but you might be listening to yhe alternator in your radio

#4 el_freddo

el_freddo

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • Lancefield, Vic, Aust.

Posted 05 March 2011 - 07:18 AM

its a noise canceller for the radiao, to prevent humming. one end goes to positive, the other end grounds to body. you can remove it if you like, but you might be listening to yhe alternator in your radio

And I'm pretty sure if you want to listen to your alternator through your radio it's "engine speed controlled" ;)

Cheers

Bennie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users