Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New to Here, Not New to Subarus

Subarus I currently own:

IMAG0107.jpg

2004 WRX STi: It has 850cc Deatchwerks, GT30 and snazzy stuffs all black door cards/dash/center console swap, aluminum driveshaft, suspension goodies 400HP-ish until finished tuning

IMAG0201.jpg

IMAG0208.jpg

Subaru Legacy Baja ZL²: Chopped rear fenders, tire well delete, tube framed tire rack over trunk.

Subaru I hope to buy:

This isn't exactly it, but it's very close!

Subaru-Leone_1972_800x600_wallpaper_01.jpg

What I've found out...

Guy bought it in the early 80s/late 70s for $100 because it had no engine/trans. His g/f rolled his nearly new GL-10 Wagon. He then swapped his mechanicals into the car.

1. Has a funky lil wing (appears very OEM)...

2. It's a manual... (5spd, Full 1.8L Swap and Dual Range gearbox from a later GL.)

3. It WAS a 1600/1400cc engine and was FWD.

4. Here's the VIN A22L-926353

5. Has a funky half-assed vinyl roof and Brat flip up sunroof venty-things.

6. Has the same style steel-spoke triangle cut out subaru brat wheels...

7. Originally a CA car, hasn't been driven since the early 80's

8. Tube front and rear bumpers

9. Complete CAR! (Was just taken apart for paint/bodywork almost 25 years ago...)

*only big-ish problem* is that the guy had licensed it last in CA and since then, he cannot find the title... I was wondering how hard is it to apply for a lost title FOR missouri or does he have to mail something to CA?

Looks like this: (but yellow and white-hackjob paint job)

Similar tail lights, but didn't have the trim piece behind em.. Though it may be in the trunk...

I think they molded on fender flares or were "fixing" them.

The wing appears to be poorly "smoothed" onto the decklid.. But looks like they just slapped some bondo on the seam, didn't hose up the wing or decklid from what I can see.

I'm thinking it'd need a full restoration, but it's rust free, just a bunch of half-assed body work.

Any advice or info is greatly appreciated.

Subarus I've sold:

1991 Legacy L

1990 Legacy FWD 5 spd

1991 Legacy SS 5 spd

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks :P Yeah, miss the SS Legacy, it's still pushing 18psi and whipping on STis and Evos out in Utah by it's current owner... The current arent too bad either though :P oops, I forgot my other one... I had a 1989 GL Turbo FWD that I converted to a GL-10 but sadly that died in an oil leak fire...

Thanks :P Yeah, miss the SS Legacy, it's still pushing 18psi and whipping on STis and Evos out in Utah by it's current owner... The current arent too bad either though :P oops, I forgot my other one... I had a 1989 GL Turbo FWD that I converted to a GL-10 but sadly that died in an oil leak fire...

Wow that sounds so very familiar...

We have had at least a couple of members lose EA82T's to oil fires.

Twitch

Wow that sounds so very familiar...

We have had at least a couple of members lose EA82T's to oil fires.

Twitch

And the real bummer was that the body was pristine, had 68,000 miles and the only thing that didn't work was the fuel lid release, it'd have to be opened by popping the trunk and opening it up. I miss that car, it was my first Scooby!