Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Today I looked at a 2003 Outback wagon, 2.5 automatic, that was in the paper for parts. Front drivers power seat and steering wheel were burned away. Most the interior smoke damaged. He said there was a recall on the power seat catching fire but I cant find one on any site. Anyone heard of a recall on power seats ????

Dont know if I would buy for a rebuild, was just worried about my 2001 Outback cause I have power seat too. I know when it caught fire the man said he was working under the car and had the radio on. Funny thing was when he hooked back up the battery and turned the key the car started right up !!! I told the guy turn it off before it burns again. LOL Now he parked it far from the house. But thanks for the info.

wish i knew you were looking for parts, i passed on a $400 gen III outback last week. i realized something important i needed that will be hard to get anywhere, and what a stupid cheap deal that was so I called back, and it was gone. goober.

what parts are you looking for/interested in if i see another?

no, never heard of a recall on power seats, if you find anything do post here.