Ultimate Subaru Message Board

PCV Valve Operation

In my service manual for my Brumby it says to test to operation the valve disconect the hose at the 'T' peice (drivers side) and put your finger over the tube while its idling and if there is a strong suction everythings fine.

I tested mine and suction was pretty bloody poor, you know i could suck harder than it :P. Is this normall or should check the hoses then try a new valve?

Cheers Again

Yeh Qman but my dad says "The people who put that line in are engineers and wouldnot have done it for to heck of it". I am still thinking of rerouting the pcv and using two filters. I just goto find the time to do it.

And btw I cleaned all the hoses for the pcv and soaked the valve in kero. The valve seems still good cause you can only blow one way through it (into the engine). After testing the suction again once I had installed everything there didnot feel to be much difference so maybe that all the suction it requires.

Thanks Anyway Qman and long live the Brumby :)