Ultimate Subaru Message Board

SE WI, Milwaukee Regional/Subaru Alliance

Subaru Alliance unite! This is the Milwaukee regional thread for the USMB:banana:

Keep up on what is happening in Milwaukee. Remember, please keep the contexts and subjects clean for USMB, so everyone can join in our activities.

We are hoping to see some new faces and some new cars! For you WI folks just stumbling in from the Google searches, we are your local Subaru folk if you ever need anything.

Where you all at? I got the 3door to move under its own power, no fuel leaks. The rear 5 lug brakes are working, hill older is great, backing plate is rubbing the rim.

I tried to get the camper running today, but removed the coil instead.

The xt6 has the front crossmember dropped down.

There will be room to park up a car once i make a spot for my 3door at home.

MAy be going to clint's on friday to fix timing belts

TOM, SCOTT, BEN, DESMOND, CLINT, where you at?

Edited by MilesFox

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm here!

keeping it clean may be hard, i'll try tho! :)

i have a guy interested in the fenders, hood, and drivers door of the trashedoutback (not the trashOutback! :))

gotta find a space in the front of the car to hide the remote activated washer nozzle.

:)

I think i may have found the issue with the trans in the outback. from my short conversation with another member on here, 91loyale, i think there is a short in the wiring to the TPS. i have 2 TPS's with the same result.

fox. what you think of puttin the 4eat and rear dif into my car vs the ej25 onto the dual range trans? i would prefer to keep the dual range. cuz its well. cool. but im thinkin to keep the 4eat around just incase the d/r goes to crap.

Edited by xbeerd

Awesome! I dunno why non of started one of these on here sooner.

Fox, I stopped at the shop today since I was in town picking up the u-haul hitch. Shmous was there working on his bike, so I kinda left Lol! I see the whole front suspension assy is out of the XT6. and the 3-door is turned around.

I will tag along to Clint's friday, I have to give him some CDs anyway. What are we taking up there, the baby wagon? I might as well car-pool with ya.

I changed the oil in TW10 and installed a U-haul hitch today.

Awesome! I dunno why non of started one of these on here sooner.

Fox, I stopped at the shop today since I was in town picking up the u-haul hitch. Shmous was there working on his bike, so I kinda left Lol! I see the whole front suspension assy is out of the XT6. and the 3-door is turned around.

I will tag along to Clint's friday, I have to give him some CDs anyway. What are we taking up there, the baby wagon? I might as well car-pool with ya.

I changed the oil in TW10 and installed a U-haul hitch today.

i wish this board would copy the content of the latest post in the email notification like the DI board does. i guess thats a down point of getting email notifications constantly via the ol cell phone.

It can be done, Are you gonna bolt the 4EAT to the EA82? The only thing I could see being an issue is, Driveshaft lenth, and the wiring for the TCU and AWD stuff. Other then that, it should bolt up pretty close, you will need to customize the EJ crossmembers to work, but I think it could be done somewhat easy with mild difficulty.

noooooo EJ-4eat to the ej25 its currently attached to.

i'd have to get the driveshaft shortened, and go back to a automatic, which im not that thrilled about. but if it will hold the power better i'd contemplate the idea. or find a 5spd from a wrecked car.

you know if the ej trans are all the same final drive off hand? wondering if the dif from the Ob would work with a 5spd.

clint has alll the mounting stuff i'd need for it.

Edited by xbeerd

noooooo EJ-4eat to the ej25 its currently attached to.

i'd have to get the driveshaft shortened, and go back to a automatic, which im not that thrilled about. but if it will hold the power better i'd contemplate the idea. or find a 5spd from a wrecked car.

you know if the ej trans are all the same final drive off hand? wondering if the dif from the Ob would work with a 5spd.

Depends, some are 3.9 and some are 4.11 - I think all the newer ones are 4.11

I think its also effected by being an AT or MT as to weather its a 3.9 or 4.11

yeah, thats what i was askin, and thinkin.

I kinda like the Idea of going totally AWD with the Loyale, it would be the first in WI and might be the first on here. That thing will be sooo fast with the EJ25 and 4EAT it wouldn't be funny lol! Just expect to make your own parts and have the be down for a bit.

I kinda like the Idea of going totally AWD with the Loyale, it would be the first in WI and might be the first on here. That thing will be sooo fast with the EJ25 and 4EAT it wouldn't be funny lol! Just expect to make your own parts and have the be down for a bit.

not to much to make other than the axles work and the driveshaft shortening?!?

and probably new springs due to mine bein saggy enough.

if thats all it is, im down for it. just not feelin the Auto that much. 5spd would require less wiring. LOL.

not to much to make other than the axles work and the driveshaft shortening?!?

and probably new springs due to mine bein saggy enough.

if thats all it is, im down for it. just not feelin the Auto that much. 5spd would require less wiring. LOL.

You will have to chop the crossmembers and make a hybrid I would think to work on the EA chassis. You would have to make a custom EA82 crossmember as your control arms bolt to that.

The least you could do is save the 4eat for another car with a bad trans. The idea would work in a car that was originally like yours/an automatic, but say, one that is currently a 3at with no 5spd to install.

the 4eat is not bad in all it's rights. For most of my cars ever being stick shift, the 4eat is better than what i am used to with automatics. You can trick the TCU into having power and manu modes.

The rear diff should work, bolt up the same, maybe there is parts you can carry over, and i am thinking that the diff can mount to the ea82 tubeframe, and the legacy rear x-member would bolt up or locate to the diff hanger area, and then it's on you to make a hybrid strut, or chop in a weheel well, since yours is made of fiberglass and por-15

When the donor trashEDoutback goes to the chopping block, i think it would be worth cutting the strut towerrs out of for mock-up purposes

Well any Electronicly controlled Transmission is gonna be better then a Trans that relies only on the pressure of fluid to shift. The 4EAT is a rock solid trans for sure and really isn't bad to drive, The car has enough pick-up, given the engine puts out enough torque.

I'm still a fan of the 3AT though!

(Let the flaming begin)

Wanted subaru legacy parts (colgate)

Date: 2011-03-07, 9:38PM CST

Reply to: sale-mzgsp-2253271889@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

I am looking for the front clip from a 2001 subaru legacy. The items i need are listed below

Front bumber

head lights

fog lights

both front fenders

hood

radiator

front frame support

drivers door

and pretty much anything else to do with the front end

If you have any of these parts and are looking to get rid of them please give me a call or text 414 550 9088 thanks justin

also i have cash in hand

yeah, im already in contact with that guy! i sent him pics of the door/hood/fenders last night, hope he likes them. only thing i wonder tho, if he is lookin for legacy stuff, and my stuff is outback so the doors and fender have the extra body plastic on them. unless he has an outback and just didnt mention it.

You will have to chop the crossmembers and make a hybrid I would think to work on the EA chassis. You would have to make a custom EA82 crossmember as your control arms bolt to that.

for the trans? there's just a few brackets from a legacy(or something) and a wrx that you combine to make it mount in and fit, its in the tranny section of the ej swap manual.

Clints got them and was gonna sell me that and the driveshaft for $125.

fox.. what you think... think the D/r would handle the ej25 ok? kind of a toss up now, i buy the brackets from clint and use the outback stuff i have (scavenge axle cups, trans, dif, shifter/selector etc, or i buy a ej plate and parts.. seems like the costs will be similar. but more wiring with the 4eat

Edited by xbeerd

or chop in a weheel well, since yours is made of fiberglass and por-15

LOL. just caught that.

anyways.. as far as the axles. overall length, the EJ is a shorter axle probably due to a wider transmission. but here is an external comparison of the 2 doj's

post-30484-136027646827_thumb.jpg

Well any Electronicly controlled Transmission is gonna be better then a Trans that relies only on the pressure of fluid to shift. The 4EAT is a rock solid trans for sure and really isn't bad to drive, The car has enough pick-up, given the engine puts out enough torque.

I'm still a fan of the 3AT though!

(Let the flaming begin)

:Flame::horse:

hehe

actually rethinking the whole thing, it would be way cheaper to put in the 4eat. keeping the ea axles and swappin on the DOJ cups from the ej axles, mounting the rear dif to the mustache bar... i think i'd just need to make an adaption plate for that as i've seen a few others do.

id just have to bank that the 4eat is infact good and that the wiring from the tps is actually what is f'd up

Edited by xbeerd

I can't even keep track of what goes on in the DI thread, much less that one and this one!!

Fox, I'm planning on getting started with the head gasket replacement Friday night and finishing it up on Saturday (or sunday if it takes longer than expected). I'd like to pull the wagon into the shop tonight or tomorrow night - is there room right now?

I can't even keep track of what goes on in the DI thread, much less that one and this one!!

Fox, I'm planning on getting started with the head gasket replacement Friday night and finishing it up on Saturday (or sunday if it takes longer than expected). I'd like to pull the wagon into the shop tonight or tomorrow night - is there room right now?

other than loose cords and items layng around, there is room tp put the car in there

why dont you change the sig file to include a link to it. just thinkin that most people that stumble in arent here thinking... "man, is THIS the trashwagon10 thread?"

like---> Trashwagon10

URL="http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?p=1001058#post1001058"]trashwagon10[/url

(add the [ and ] at the beginning and end to make it work :grin:

Edited by xbeerd